Pages

Wednesday, 13 August 2014

58

Hello Everyone

I found this cool blog called Challenge YOUrself and it is a scrapbooking blog that challenges you to create layouts with you in the photo :) Awesome! How often do you create layouts about yourself, your hopes, your dreams, your fears or your happiness. Not often I am willing to bet.

This months challenge is....

Challenge #9: Celebrate YOUR Age
Scrap your age, right now, today!
{remember to include YOU in the photo}
So I did and here is my layout.


I used these vintage feel papers from Graphic 49 because if I am not a vintage model I am at least a classic :P I have titled it 58 (my age), and I have put all the things that describe me right here and right now around the edge of the layout.

I am comfortable in my own skin. I no longer look outside for validation. Happy. Grandmother to beautiful twins. Mother-in-law. Traveller. Photographer. Blogger. Story-teller. Scrapbooker. Artist. Content. I am no longer a people pleaser. I know that I have made a difference. Young at heart.

My journalling on the back of the layout says.

I think that all of this sums me up pretty well right now. I know how quickly life goes by and I know how quickly things can change and how hard that change can be sometimes. But I have also learned to live in the now and to just be present at all times, this way I will not miss out on anything and I will have no regrets later on. It has been a long road to here and I would not have changed at thing. I am happy to be me and I am happy to be 58. 

Here are some close ups.


I kept this layout clean (unless you count the messy circle) because that is who I am and how I function. I have to have cleanliness and orderliness otherwise.


I used lots of layers because that is also who I am..These colours are perfect for me too and it is not often that I scrap on yellow..I used the cut of of the lady because I think I should have been born into that era.


Lots of flowers which is my love of nature and all things pretty. The little pearls were a subconscious add but pearls happen to be my favourite jewel.


I painted the numbers black and then added crackle paint and after the cracks appeared I gave it a coat of magicals... love the look it gives as it sinks into the cracks. The circle represents how I have embraced my life... shaky at times but I have embraced it.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it.

Till next time. Bye.


xox
Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. Your page is so very beautiful. The colours and layers are amazing...I admire you for using G49...I just cannot scrap with it and you used it so perfectly. Stunning little flower cluster. Your journaling touches me... we just have to meet up in real life at some time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you do it but you find the neatest sites! I love this! Such a beautifully composed piece, your layers, the colors, your embellies. Perfect, just perfect. Your journaling is perfect. Don't you wish the wisdom we gain with our age could happen when we're in our 20's ;) Ah, who am I kidding, we wouldn't be carefree and unafraid then. Wisdom comes at a perfect time i our lives :) Thank you for another wonderful challenge blog, I like this one :)

    Paula xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Val & well done for being able to scrap about yourself! Always a challenge for me but I'm planning on doing it more often. And I do love a bit of G45 but I feel that I never do it justice. You have really used the beautiful pps to their full potential :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jo - you've done the G45 proud! LOOVE the 1920s era too...& this is a FAB blog! My fave bit is the messy circle!!! It all ties it together so NEATLY... LOL .... Sorry ... In a pun mood;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely photo of you! You are beautiful inside and out. And I love meeting another 50-something woman!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself. Your layout is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb work with the Graphic 45...like Lynette, I find it difficult to work with. Maybe that's because I mostly scrap children's pages. But you made is look timeless and elegant, like the subject in question. Love the floral paper on the black background. The layering is beautiful, as is the journalling, all of which strikes a chord with me. It's wonderful to be at a stage in life where other people's opinions no longer matter. Perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just Beautiful Val. I love how everything on your page has a meaning to you , to who you are. I have this on my to do list, but a bit scared about doing it. Wonderful journalling, I love every little thing about this wonderful page
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, Val. I love how you've created this with all the little bits that are a part of you and what makes you YOU :) Amazing journaling as always too....fabo work :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh! Val, this is a really beautiful page and a lovely photo of you too. I love the layers and the doodling and the crackly number, everything in fact! Also, have I ever mentioned how gorgeous your blog looks? Even the pinterest button comes up with a coordinating frame, so pretty! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Val this page is fantastic. You look awesome and please at 58! Your selection of G45 are beautiful and the lady in the corner make me laugh. You are like my granny always beautiful, kind but ahead of your time. Your beautiful journaling lift my spirits. You make me look at 50s as a perfect time in ones life. Thank you for touching my life full of inspiration. You are an awesome lady.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Val - this is fabulous! I love the idea of scrapping about yourself and you've done such a fantastic job of it. And I especially love the messy circle and the vintage lady.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing Val! Love your color selection and all the doodling and journalling. Such a calm feel with this layout! Love the vintage too. So glad you joined in on the fun at Challenge YOUrself :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a beautiful layout, Val! I love that photo of you, too. You have surrounded yourself here, as in life, with things that make you happy--and deservedly so! Congratulations on being a magical "58"!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Val :-)
    I have to agree with all of the ladies above --- Beautiful layout ! I just love the use of those pretty papers to scrapbook that photo of you. The mix of soft colours, against the strong black accents, looks so nice and is so appropriate for the journaling expressing both sides of you. I admire you for taking on the "Challenge YOU" challenge and giving us a chance to know you better. Great work, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout Val! Love your doodled detail and pretty blossoms! The big blossoms look fantastic and I love the sweet butterflies fluttering about!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful page and love these Graphic 45 papers...just like you....I would never say you are a day older than 45!!!!! ;-) You certainly have the energy and look so gorgeous for your age! Whether 45 or 58....you are beautiful inside and out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Val, so very glad you found our little challenge blog as your layout is so very beautiful. Lots of feminine touches and awesome details. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge Yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is so pretty Val!! Those papers look great & I'm really liking the layering & clustering. BTW I am a neat freak & have all my hangers the same colour & style & all my clothes facing the same direction & evenly spaced in my wardrobe LOL despite being a grungy artist!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. SO Beautiful Val.... sounds like a great challenge...Fabulous work with the G45 papers...love the design and layers and all the happiness surrounding you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful! Perfect paper choices and design. Your embellishing really sets it off. Thankd for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely an stunning layout, as always. The eye catches so many details, something new each time I look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Val really love your layout, the papers you choose and the layering is fantastic. Hope to see you next challenges. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful color combo you used, anf all that doodling <3<3 This is a lovely layout!
    So gald you are playing along with us in this challenge at Challenge Yourself, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all the delicate details on this page. The doodling is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge Yourself!

    ReplyDelete