Pages

Thursday, 21 August 2014

FEELING BLUE


Hello Everyone :D

Today I have my contribution to the BW2 Challenge which is to follow the criteria on the mood board. 
Use black cardstock background
Use only colours shown (Ice blue and Grey)
Follow our sketch
Use monthly word (Feeling) in your journalling
Use 5% white only


Here is the sketch.


AND... here is my take on the challenge.


 I really love the colours of this months challenge and I knew I had just the right photo for it too.

My journalling (on the back of the layout says):

When I saw this car outside one of the shops in Clarens my heart skipped a beat. It always does when I see old cars. Especially rusty old cars. It always makes me think that there is an exceptional beauty that comes with age. Just like us I suppose. The shiny new models are sleek and beautiful and get all the cat calls and the whistles but as far as I am concerned they are just beautiful shells. 
Now cars like this, with their faded colour and peeling paint, flat tyres and lethargic engines - they have stories to tell, places they have been, people they have carried and things that they have seen, the secrets they have kept and then at the end of it all discarded and left to slowly rot away. They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and for me that is never truer - ageless beauty will trump youth any day. I have the feeling that I was born into the wrong era, I can see myself driving a car like this in my gorgeous clothes with a handsome man at my side tearing up the town and probably causing tongues to wag. Those were the days!

Here are some close-ups.


I only used one piece of pattern paper which was a left over... black and white stripe the rest is just plain cardstock. I painted the cogs black and added crackle accents. Once they were dry I gave them a rub over with grey metallic paint which went into the cracks.  I added blue and grey flowers. I love that licence plate and I have no idea where I got it but it was perfect.


 I flicked on some grey paint and also used a new roller stamp with some black ink to make the 'tyre' tracks.



I gave the arrow the same treatment as the cogs - you can see the effect here better. The title is chipboard and also some rub on letters. I punched the hearts added diamond glaze and a little bling. I also added a little lace and the film strip chipboard which was just painted grey.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to read them and I appreciate every single one of them.

Till next time. Bye.



   xox
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Oh, such a stunning page! Love this!
    Hugs Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you have done an awesome job for the challenge , love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great!!! The crackle accents look fab & I love the little touches like the tyre tracks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Val I love this layout, stunning old car!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page! LOVE how you used the colors with that amazing pic. The license plate is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just magnificent, my friend! And, yes, those certainly *were* the days. I always marvel at how you "solve" these BW2 challenges, Val, because it frightens me right out of my studio. You have proved me wrong again today! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page....love the photo and that truck is certainly a treat! Love the styling and the treatment of your chippies....certainly makes for a grgeously, remembered moment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those were the days my friend, when everything was just a bit more elegant and substantial. Love, love your take on this challenge and how unusual to see a bright blue older car. Or is that some of your wizardry in photoshop? Love the crackled pieces and the tyre tracks :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. A romantic era. Your page is beautiful...I love the little touches...the gears, hearts, splashed of paint and the cute number plate. I love your journaling above all xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh that blue is electric!! Love black backgrounds - always so popping!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A magnificent layout....Amazing photo surrounded by perfect accents. Love this Val! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks wonderful! Perfect photo for the colors and love the design and fell of this layout. Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that combination of black and blue! Such a cool layout!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, these colours are so striking and your page looks amazing! I love old cars too :)

    "I can see myself driving a car like this in my gorgeous clothes with a handsome man at my side tearing up the town and probably causing tongues to wag" - Yep, I can see you too :D

    ReplyDelete