Pages

Friday, 29 August 2014

LOVE

Hello Everyone :D
I have a post and a tutorial for you today. I had to come up with a tutorial for Let's Scrap and lately I am loving the look of painted titles so that is what I went with. I am not a big one for my own handwriting on my layouts so I have been playing around with some styles to see if I can get over this. :)
Here is the layout I created.
My journalling is the following :D
Your friendship and love,
And all the wonderful things
That they bring into my life,
Are like nothing else
I have ever known.

My heart is complete
With the love we share,
And our love grows more
Beautiful each day.

I love you,
And as long as we are together,
I have everything I need.

You are with me always...
In a smile, a memory, a feeling
Or a moment we share.

You will always be 
My Forever Love

- Uriel Consolo

I want to write it onto the layout (on the front - but for now it is on the back) :)
You can see the tutorial  HERE...
Here are some close ups.

I used water colour paper and stencilled the little blocks using gesso. Once it was dry I added the mists then the book pages and swiped randomly with gesso once again. Once that was all dry I outlined some of the squares. I also drew some lines here and there in black. 


I made splatters with white and black paint and fussy cut the hearts from a template. I also added some bling. Here you can see the title that I painted then also fussy cut I was a bit scared to paint it directly onto the background :) I will get there though - I love this idea.


Lastly I added the flowers and some cotton.

While I was at it I made another little pocket page insert for one of my Project Life layouts.


This means that you will always have the right colour or style title.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it :D

Till next time.


xox
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Stunning page, Val! I love the colors and the mixed media background. your style is evolving and I love to see your tour in the mixed media world.
    The photo is beautiful and I love how you used it twice. the bold colors are so dramatic and give a wonderful stage for the photo.
    A fav for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page Val...love the beautiful texture and misting. We are blessed to be married to our soul mates. I would love to see this page again somewhere in the future with your journaling on the front xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am off to see your tutorial...love to colours and the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear, I have to sign in at Lets scrap...so can't see your tut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page! You are really a luckx woman being married with "Mr. Right"! The photo shows, how happy you are together. Wonderful colors and embellishing - and the journalling is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Val I love the journaling and the stunning happy photo surrounded by the media and textures is just gorjus. I too can't wait to see the journaling on the page!! Beautiful creation Val. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous page Val with bold use of colour and MM. Love the poem and the photos are lovely. I love the little heart strip down the right side and bravo for trying the script title. I went to have a look at the tutorial, but have to sign in, so that will have to wait for another day. Wonderful work :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout and that poem is so beautiful! Very touching to show your love to your husband this way. In my next life I want a marriage that stays this long too. You never know :) I love those little hearts with the tiny crystal accents. I want to see your tutorial , so I will sign in there now Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work Val! I love your background and the pops of red are stunning. And a gorgeous photo of the two of you as well. The PL card is very cute - I'm a little bit hooked on pocket page scrapbooking at the mo with all my girl's amazing travel photos and so many gorgeous PL products out now. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous. You make such beautiful pieces. What a wonderful poem to show the relationship you share with hubby :) I love the title, it looks great <3

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous layout & beautiful photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this page Val!! Your background is just gorgeous and I love the bold pops of colour!! A gorgeous photo of you and hubby and the poem is so beautiful!! A stunning and heartwarming page, beautifully done!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  13. The script looks fabulous! And I adore these colours......my favest bit is the little square masking, gessoing etc with the runs....its looks AMAZING....gorg page:):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh Val I just absolutely adore this one ... everything is utterly perfect .... great job on your detective work .... loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you x
    will let you know Badens results on Monday xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty Val. I much prefer doing my own thing with paints & the like too & am digging your title & background work - getting messier - which for me means great news!! Loooove it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Val, this is just beautiful--at all levels! You couldn't have picked a different poem to include with that particular photo. They perfectly balance and support each other! Off to check out your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Val....this is really such a gorgeous page! the styling and design are just amazing and the colour so perfect! Love the journalling....so awesome! A definite favourite for me! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. AAh Denise is right there is so much on this page , love the little blocks and the hearts . Lovely lovely lovely

    ReplyDelete
  19. stunning layout!!! Really love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just beautiful....from the photo, the colours, textures & title...right down to the beautiful poem <3 Love it!

    ReplyDelete