Pages

Saturday, 9 August 2014

SUMMER LOVIN'

Hello Everyone

I have a layout for the new case file open at CSI. You have one week to play along so pick up your forensic kits and get ready for some serious sleuthing. There is some wonderful inspiration from the DT to get your juices flowing.


I just love the colours - so bright and happy and fun.
Being the second week of the month also means that this week's case file is teamed up with a fabulous sketch from Em Stafrace over at Page Drafts.

This is her sketch.


AND... my layout.


Here is how I solved the case.

Scheme - the colours are all there.
Evidence - sun, birds, clouds, circles.
Testimony - journal about something outside.

My journalling (on the back of the layout) says:
I found these two photos while I was tidying up my studio and getting all my photos into one place and in some kind of order. The thing that immediately struck me was how much of you I see in Spencer and when I look at these photos I get a glimpse of what Spence will be like in a couple of years. 
Even at such a young age you showed that you were able to entertain yourself with little more than a bucket and spade and your imagination, a little respite from your constant questions and thirst for knowledge, the insane chatter and story-telling, a time to quiet your mind. Such a good balance for one so young. You played for hours filling your bucket, trying to make a sandcastle but you didn't pack it in hard enough and so when you tipped it up it crumbled. Never once did you get cross or frustrated or throw a tantrum you merely tried again and again. Perfectly comfortable with your own company you played for hours on the beach, swam in the waves and napped under the umbrella. You were such a content little boy, loving and undemanding, and you still are and I wonder if you realise just how much I love you and admire the man and the dad that you are today. I hope that you will encourage the same qualities I see in Spence.

Here are some close ups.


Because the colours were so bold and so vibrant I chose not to do any mixed media on this layout. I wanted it to pop and for the photos to be the focus and I think it does.

The papers are from Echo park and the banner was cut from one of the papers and stuck down. The borders were punched using a Martha Stewart punch.


The sun was made with a circle punch and then I just cut some triangles, the clouds just drawn and cut out and the birds stamped on.


I also stamped the two quoted and the shells were stamped on cardstock, painted and fussy cut. I then clustered them on the gauze with real shells, flowers and the little fish.


The little sayings were cut from the papers and stuck down and the title is stickers.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it :)



xox

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Oooh..whimsical & bright colours.....you've got me by the ♥♥♥!!!! LOOOVE this....especially the way you've created the shell cluster!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful page! It is fun to live back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Val, how awesome that you are scrapping and remembering so many of your son's attributes. As usual your journaling touched me deeply and reminded me how important telling the story is. Beautiful, sunny and happy page.♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the bomb dot com :D Love this! Sweet and bright, what a darling piece :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is fabulous Val! The hot orange, yellow and blue colour combo just shouts summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos of a child at play, just lost in a world of imagination. So serene and relaxed - just the thing to foster imagination and creativity. Love your use of the bright colours and the marine embellishments. And you know me, I absolutely love your beautiful words to and about your Son. Superb :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! So bold bright and summery!
    Well done on the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful summer layout Val! Fun and fresh!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun and Fab it is! I love the fresh and happy color combo. Summer is here!...xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely layout mom. The journalling tugged at the heart strings as usual! Love you lots

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a sweet page Val....the little details, tell such a story! It's bright, sunny and happy! One can't imagine that this little boy is now a Dady himself...and I am sure it seems like just yesterday that he was this boy! The circle and joy of life! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yip, the apple does not fall far from the tree...Spence will soon be on the beach (on holiday I guess) and looking every bit like his dad! As for my prize...who knows what Customs took out as I was not aware of what was in it to start with!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet indeed...love the whispy white tulle & the arty doodling...

    ReplyDelete