Pages

Wednesday, 17 September 2014

FEAR

Hello Everyone

I am so far behind with my blogging but hopefully this week I will get caught up. I have been trying to finish all of the layouts and mini PL album from the Convention two weekends ago and have been doing nothing else. I am done now and I will post those up later. Plus... I have another fun post to do tomorrow morning.  I also managed to get a challenge in... a layout for THREE (should have been FOUR) challenges... a first for me.

So I started off doing this layout for the September Colour Challenge over at  Lindy's Stamp Gang, I love their challenges and I am slowly building up my LSG stash :) Lovely VINTAGE feel don't you think ;)


Then I came across this challenge site called OLW - One little word and their word for this month is FEAR and I have this quote which I just love.

Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood. Marie Curie

AND

I had this photo which I have been wanting to use.


Then I visited the Scrap Africa blog and guess what their challenge theme is...


I also used this sketch from Sketchabilities only to realise I missed the deadline... hahahahaha that will teach me to check on cut off dates.


So it came to be :D
Here is my layout.


The quote on the front of the layout says :
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect, it means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.

My journalling on the back of the layout says :

We are all taught from a very young age to be fearful. Don't do that you might hurt yourself. Don't go there it is too dangerous. Don't try that what if you fail? Don't do that you will make a fool of yourself and so the list goes on and on and on and we grow up fearful of things that we don't really understand. The day that I learned to let go of that fear was the day that I really started to live. There is a difference between being cautious and fearful and learning to let go of your fears does not mean you become reckless it just means that you stop being afraid of things that in all honesty may never happen or you can't change. Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith to see how high you can fly. I used to be afraid of so many things - and change was right up there with the best of them. Now I embrace change because it gives me a chance to grow and learn and feel even if I don't like the feeling at all. I have learned to not diminish how I feel but to embrace it and then let it go. It taught me to live in the present and not worry about what is to come and to not hold onto things that have happened before, because right now is all we have. I no longer FEAR!

Here are some close ups.


I used watercolour paper for my background and gesso through a lovely odd square stencil. I didn't have the LSG colours from this months palette so I used Starburst - Tiffany's Blue and Furry Navel peach and Whale Watch blue on the cogs. The papers are from My Minds Eye and I chose the colours from the palette.


I painted the cogs with gesso then coloured with the LSG mists, then covered with a coat of crackle medium and once dry daubed them with a TH Distress Stain in Walnut so it would seep into the little cracks. I then covered them with diamond glaze.



I did lots of stamping in TH Rusty Hinge Distress Ink and also with an Archival Sepia - the quote the arrow, heart and title.


I added some splashes of Distress stain too. The chippie frames were coloured with the mists then embossed with clear embossing powder. Some of the random blocks were embossed with the LSG embossing powder  Desert Moon Copper just for added texture.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it.

Till next time.


xox
Photobucket

27 comments:

  1. Val this is absolutely wonderful page. Love your mixed media backround, you rocked it girl ! Perfect colour combination. Adore it. Thank you for playing with Lindy's Stamp Gang challenge !!! love, Marta xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing, love the layers, what a fabulous photo and love your journalling too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever clogs...I've never been able to manage combining challenges.....this works so well for all of them [shame about the cut off date!!!]...& it is pure, unadulterated PERFECTION:):) I adore the colours, those flowers! The stencilling in the bg....the whole thing is DELISH:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers Val....you really did rock all the challenges. I've never been organized enough to do more than one at a time. I loved the image of the LSG challenge as soon as I saw it. It's such a 50's image to me when the FJ Holden was the epitome of sophistication on the streets of Australia. Love your take on the challenge and your journalling is right on the button. Sad we didn't know the truth of it when we were younger. Stunning work with the MM. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely outstanding Val! This month I looked around and said, "Hey, I'm in a rut and not cropping" So, it's time to stalk my creative scrappy friends and YOU have got the wheels turning and churning! THANK YOU... off to visit more of our fabulous creative friends now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow I love all of your creation. Super page with the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wowzer Val! the most I've done combining challenges is two - blimey 4! This one is brilliant! just LOVE your background work! love love love is the word! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really brought this 'Old Timer' back to life with this vibrant page Val! And your journalling hits home as usual...Kudos to you for over coming your fears...I however still have some fears I need to conquer...

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, you my darling truly embrace what scrapping is about. Recording your thoughts and feelings on each of your layouts. I love this, I love the pic, I love your journaling and the quote. How true it is that we are always taught fear.

    Second, you minx, another challenge blog, my oh my! And this one sounds fantastic, gotta check it out!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowsers Val...this is absolutely so gorgeous! Everything from the colourin, to the theme, the photo, the background...the styling....sjoe...you have it all here gal! This is just amazing! Love the theme and journalling....all so very profound and true! This is a definite favourite for me! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely amazing page Val!
    Love the background , the colours that you have used, embellisments...all!!!
    Great work!
    Thank you so much dear Val for playing with us at Scrap Africa!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I can't believe you got one layout into so many challenges! Go you! Love the background on this and what a fantastic photo! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Val. What can I say. Just amazing. Love it. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for playing with at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous layout! love the colors and the vintage photo. I also love the quote and your journaling is amazing! you're really a brave lady.
    Love the background work here, and I love the colors you used.
    Thank you for playing with us at Scrap Africa :).

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW Val! You combined these challenges beautifully! I absolutely love what you did with the word Fear! I have been following the One Little Word blog for some time now and love to see your layout there! It is simply amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is another stunner....absolutely love the colours, textures, design & elements you've used. It certainly has the WOW factor, that's for sure! And I think it's amazing that you've managed to combine 4 challenges for the one layout....go YOU :D So glad to hear that you have overcome your fears & no longer let them rule you! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is GORGEOUS!!! I am in LOVE with the colors and everything you did on the layout!!! PINNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for joining the challenge! Your project is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing lo Val!!! Love this colors!! Thank you for playing along with LSG!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful page Valerie! I love all the details! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! The colours and textures here... everything is just perfect. I love how you managed to combine so many challenges. Absolutely gorgeous layout, Val.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing! Very beautiful!!! Thanks for playing with us at Lindy'sStampGang!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG those rust tones against the teal?! DIVINE!!! Gorgeous, gorgeous page. The flowers, the vintage, feel, the quote. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning page! The colors, texture, layers! Your take on the sketch is fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at SKETCHABILITIES!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is truly fabulous Val! I love your mixed media background and the colours are perfect for the photo. Stunning! Thanks for playing at Sketchabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Fab layout Val! Love the colours and love the quote! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. amazing page!!! I love these colors!

    ReplyDelete