Pages

Thursday, 4 September 2014

COLOUR

Hello Everyone
I completely forgot about this post :( but better late than never.
This is my final layout for Black with 2 and I am sorry to be stepping down but I just have so much on the go at the moment and my babies are getting bigger and demanding more of my time. I also want to let you know that they have a Design Team Call for the next term if this is something that would interest you you can find all the details HERE it really is a wonderful team to be a part of.

Here is this months mood board.


I just love these colours together :D and here is the accompanying sketch.


Here is my interpretation of it all.


 My journalling on the back of the layouts says:

I am very fickle when it comes to colour. I don't really have a favourite more like a favourite of the moment. I think it all depends on how I feel or perhaps how I feel is determined by the colours I like. When I am reflective or pensive or broody I like the soft muted tones, pastel colours. When I am grounded I go more for the neutrals and when I am happy and buoyant I like strong, bold, bright happy colours that scream LIVE!... like these ones above. When I see them I want to dance and sing and wear bright clothes. This is a perfect combination of sunshine and love for me. When I look at this layout I can't help but feel happy. I guess that also determines the types and colours of flowers I buy for my studio :)

Here are some closeups.


I mixed yellow paint in with the texture paste to get the right colour for the background stencil. I also splashed some yellow and pink splats onto the black background.


The edges were randomly punched with a Martha Stewart punch.


I painted all the chipboard the same colour pink and added flowers and bling.


Lots of layers and lots of happiness for me. I really enjoyed making this layout.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.

Till next time.


xox
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear that you will be leaving BW2, you were doing great with them! Anyway, life often overwhelms us and it's good to be able to keep your priorities in view at all times!

    Love your take on the sketch and the moodboard, those pretty flowers really stand out beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! Loooooove!! These colours, beautiful layout Val. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A vibrant and joyous explosion of colour, which simply pops on the black background. Love the gerberas. Your Bubbas will only be little for such a short time, so enjoy every moment you have with them. Our twins are off to Kinder next year, so we will see less of them. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOOVE these bright, popping colours & flowers as well...perfection! I also really, really like the little edge punched out pieces - nice touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This page and the striking colours on the black background makes me happy just looking at it makes me happy. I understand your need tomspend moremtime with the little people that have become such a big part of your life. You will never regret this decision.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW your colour scheme is really popping!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So striking and stunning! Love the strong contrast the bright colors and the black background make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! this certainly pops crackles and fizzes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOO wow...love this striking layout...so pop and cool....wow...and your journalling always speaks to me...i dont have a fav colour or a not so fav colour it so depends on the mood..Wow..xx....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow....amazing and vibrant! The colour combo surely pops! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this looks amazinggggg! The colour just POPS off the page....just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete