Pages

Saturday, 27 September 2014

RIDE

Hello Everyone
Today I have the new case file from CSI and the final one for Mix it Up September,
so it's time to grab your forensic kits and get down to some serious sleuthing :) You have one week to play along as these are such fun challenges I can highly recommend it. There are so many inspiring layouts from the DT and all the guest designers and you can feast your eyes on them HERE. If you are not a regular player I hope that you will give it a try.

This is the new case file.


This month I decided I would also play along with my old fellow DT friends at OUAS. I miss them all :)

This is their sketch for this month.


 Journalling Theme: Open theme...with a twist
For this month's challenge, you can scrap about any theme BUT you need to include your own handwritten journalling on your page!

Here is my layout.


I don't have journalling on the front but I do have a quote. (My journalling is on the back of the layout)

Here is how I solved the case.
Scheme - The colours are all there (I love these colours).
Evidence - Cogs/gears, music elements, penwork, leaves, lots of layers, glossy accents.
Testimony - Odd prompt #33 - Have you ever ridden a bike.

My journalling says:
There is something about gleaming metal on two wheels, jeans and leather that gets my heart racing. I love the roar of a big bike engine as it takes off down the road, the feel of the wind in your face, and the fact that there is nothing protecting you. That is the dark, reckless side of me, thank goodness that age and a sense of responsibility prevail. 
 Being a farm girl I have ridden bikes for most of my life. When we first got married Simon had a Honda 1100 and we spent many happy hours on that bike, and I have some very good memories.
 Now that I am older and hopefully a little wiser I think I am a little afraid of them, oh hell I am a lot afraid of them so imagine my surprise when a few years ago a friend of mine who turned 40 got a Harley Davidson from her hubby. Her birthday treat was a weekend away with the girls. We arrived at Fournos for breakfast and we thought we were going to the Spa in a bus... Outside the restaurant were 14 magnificent Harley's, inside were 14 leather clad bikers. :) One rider - one passenger. They took us on a tour of our city before depositing us at the venue and I don't think I stopped grinning the entire weekend.
The top photo is me donning my headscarf which we each received from the bikers - it said - wild and free. So true! The bottom photo is all the bikes stopped at a traffic light and I leaned out (like a good scrapper) to take a photo. I loved it and I had a wonderful time and it is certainly something that I will never forget but...it is not something that I would like to do on a regular basis. That quote reinforces why.
Here are some close ups.


Lots of layers and a watercolour background using the two shades of green and some lighter green splats.
The angel wings, arrow and title were painted black and the heart was covered with the purple distress glitter.

 

Th cogs were painted black and some of them were diamond glazed and had distress glitter added the bling was added to some of them. I added some purple watercolour around the flower clusters. 


The quote was written onto strips and added.
Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it.



xox
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Whoa! You go, you biker chicky!!! LOL....my Mum went riding for the FIRST time in her life on her 70th birthday, with her cousin, who took her on his Harley an hour into Brisbane to a football match, then home again.....she LOOOOVED it!! About a year later, out riding his bike, he had a heart attack, accident & died....luckily he rode OFF the road & no-one else was involved.....dammit....you always side track me. OUAS hat is now in place.....!!!LOOOVE your interpretation of our sketch..the bling in the chippy & around the page is inspired & adds such a glam touch.....REALLY love how you've used the sketch....And don't forget, if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!:):):) Thanks for joining in this month:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Must say, it feels WEIRD leaving a comment to the ex-commentator, too;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adventure Val - how exciting!! From my point of view, I't something do so once in a lifetime maybe. I used to treat all the fractures in A&E from motor bike accidents and was determined that none of our sons would have one. A great take on the sketch and the case file, combining the two effortlessly. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous colors and great composition! Love the way you've used the two challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol...I had to laugh when I read this post....I have learnt something new about you and we have something more in common! I think you would be surprised to know that I am a biker too...have ridden bikes for many years too...and I still have a 750, which I ride every now and then. Since Joe came along and scrapping, my riding took a back seat!!!!! ;-) Anyways.... your page is such a delight and I sooooo love the colours you have chosen. Beautiful styling, gorgeous cogs and the quote so very very true! Love this one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely layout Val! Love the popping colours!! White is always a great place to start & I love the watercolour effects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am doing my round for the voringsheet through the blogs and I really think I was here allready.But I dont see my comment. Well , it must have been on facebook I think. At least now I read the story behind the pictures. Must have been fun!! I can never understand how it is possible to have (and keep) so many friends! We have a little group from 5 dutch woman and they always complane about me not being social enough . But they forgive me :). As I said before on this layout, I like the brave colors, the gears next to the flowers. because thats what the pictures are about. Woman on bikes. I cant say thanks for joining in at OUAS because I have the feeling you are still part of it .x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same Wilma... I have four, one of them is Dutch too and that is more than enough for me.... I am also NOT a social person in real life... just leave me along in my studio with my computer and I am happy :D xx

      Delete
  8. Hi fellow Chicette, I am now following your blog and must say I love the background and your gorgeous work. I have blog candy if you are interested.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx
    http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your colours and the heart body for the butterfly is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a brave and strong page!!! Loving the colour scheme and all the details!!! From me as well...thank you for joining us...your former Team Mates....here on OUAS...hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool and beautiful page! Love the colors and that butterfly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this layout a lot! The colors and the way you penned around the page!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word...this is so stunning. Love the girly grunge.

    ReplyDelete