Pages

Wednesday, 3 September 2014

LET'S SCRAP LAUNCH

Hello Everyone

Today is the launch of the NEW Let's Scrap Blog. We have decided to switch to a blog for a number of reasons and the main one is that it is so much easier to navigate. 

You can find the new blog Here.

They have a new sketch up and a new challenge. You have one week to play along.

This is the sketch to use for inspiration. You can do a double or even a single page as long as we can see the sketch in there :)


I always used to do double pages but I haven't done one for ages and I thought it was time again. 


The quotes on the front of the layout say:

The ornaments of a home are the friends that frequent it.
and
Having a place to go is a home
Having someone to love is a family
Having both is a blessing.

My journalling on the back of the layout says:

Stomie and Lloyd bought a home together that was fraught with trials from the very beginning. On the day that they moved in Simon got a phone call from a very distraught little girl. She hated the house it was dirty and falling to pieces. Of course Simon dropped what he was doing and went to take a look. The carpets were filthy so he organised someone from his office to come and clean them, the walls were awful too so he organised a painter to come and paint them and the shelves in the cupboards were held up by sticks and so he organised someone to come and sort those out too. It took a couple of weeks of hard work to get the house into shape and then they were able to move in. She asked me if I would go and sort out the garden and so for two weekends we worked hard and got it ship shape too. They had there housewarming at the beginning of August and it was fabulous and she was so proud to show her new little house off to everyone. She just needed to see that when you have family nothing is as bad as it seems and if you all pull together you can achieve anything.
So my little girl I wish you many years of happiness in your new little house and I am forever grateful to know that you still need your mommy and daddy and I want you to know that we will ALWAYS be there for you.
Love you to the moon and back.

Here are some closeups
.

I used cream cardstock for the background and the pattern papers are from K & Co and they just happened to have the right colours for my photos of their house which were taken on the day of their housewarming. I painted the 15, which is their house number, to match the stripey paper which is Teresa Collins paper. The quote is a rub on.


I used some brick chipboard pieces on here to replicate the stencil. The little birdhouse was also painted and I added some bling to the little holes. 


I added the flowers and then swiped them all with some gesso.

I hope that you will find some time to come and play along.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave a comment I really appreciate it :)

Till next time.



xox
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. The house looks so neat it is hard to imagine it falling to pieces but well done on stepping in to help I am sure your daughter was super grateful > A Great layout to remember the4 moment . Love the brick work .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't I know how Dad can always come to the rescue. I love seeing you do 2pagers...it really tells the whole story. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this Val and I always shed a tear reading your journaling..(note to self - box of tissues next time I am here). And a beautiful quote to boot. Love this double.....haven't done one myself in a long time, thinking I might give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know how much I missed seeing ur doubles .... Til I hadn't seen them for a while... I was going to go in this challenge a whiles back due to ur inspo.... But it was too tricky in the forum so I'm glad they've moved! LOOOVE this & the story & those little bricks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good double and this is very special. Like you, I used to make doubles always and it may be time to re-visit this form of scrapping. Love those papers ( I think I just gave mine away! ) and the brick work looks fab with the photos. Your heart warming journalling is testimony to the strength of family and the ties that bind us together. Beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. great work Val, you are awesome at PL .... a fabulous job , great pics too xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Val, so cool seeing a double page. Love what you have created :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, so I had a "K Moment" on reading your journaling, Val. My heart broke for your daughter, and then swelled when Daddy came to the rescue...along with his gardener! ;-) The home truly is gorgeous, as is the garden! Lovely, lovely layout! I will check out the new blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful story and sentiment you shared! I feel your girl's heartbreak, but she's so fortunate to have such wonderful parents to fall back on. Great double page (these things are beyond me, I have no idea how to make a double page), I love that inked brick wall you got there and the colours you chose are just amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous page.....love the sentiment and theme....you are awesome and are blessed to have such a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love reading your journaling....have I ever told you how talented you are at it?!?!
    What a lovely story....and gorgeous double page. I hope that they have settled into their new home & are filling it with lots of stories & beautiful memories <3

    ReplyDelete