Pages

Saturday, 13 September 2014

MEOW

Hello Everyone,

I have the new case file from CSI and because it is the second week of the month there is also a sketch from the very talented Em Stafrace, you can find more of her sketches here at Page Drafts.

This is the case file, so grab your forensic kits and get down to some serious sleuthing :) You have one week to play along and these are such fun challenges. There is stunning inspiration from the DT and all the guest designers so go check it out.


Here is Em's Sketch.


This is what I came up with.


Here is how I solved the case.

Scheme - the colours are all there.
Evidence - Stripes (making up the big triangle), flowers, string, Pastels (in the stamped squares), butterfly, Two of something (cat photo), cats, triangle.
Testimony - journal about pets.

The quote on the front of the layouts says:
There has never been a cat who couldn't calm me down by walking slowly past my chair.

My journalling on the back of the layout says:

After Smack (my last cat) passed away at the ripe old age of 19 I was heartbroken and I just could not bring myself to get another cat. I am equally a cat and dog lover and we already had four dogs - unruly dogs who took over as the centre of my universe. However, a friend of mine got three little kittens from someone and was trying to find homes for them a black one that she kept, a blue grey one that my son wanted and the last one was Hansa a Maine Coone, who I also thought was the prettiest, and he was just so sweet that I took him. He was very distant to begin with and I think it was because when he came for attention he was assaulted by four boisterous dogs, now he is bigger than all four of my dogs and is very playful with them and knows just how to sort them out if they overstep the mark.
However, he soon discovered that at night the dogs were put away to sleep and he had the run of the house and so he came to sleep with me... not Simon... just me.
He is one of the most affectionate cats that we have had and he is very demanding in his need for attention, which of course is only on his terms. Often in the middle of the night he starts playing with my face as if to say time to wake up and give me some love. Which of course I do - then we can settle down to sleep again.
He is the most beautiful boy too and he knows it and I am so happy that he came into my life.

Here are some close ups.


I used white cardstock and created the triangle with cardstock, paper, lace tape and a stencil and gesso.
The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch and I used the string in the flower clusters.


I used my Prima stamps to create the squares and coloured them with pan pastels and water. The cat and the words were painted black and then covered with glitter. Every cat should have sparkle I think.


The photos are of my beautiful boy.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look, and for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it :)

Till next time.



xox
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Wow!!! This page is awesome Val!! Your boy is so handsome and I love your take on the sketch. Absolutely gorgeous page and, of course, wonderful journaling!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. loveeeeeeeeeeeeee, loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee, this is so beautiful Val, oozing with love and beauty ... as you know I adore cats, they are the best creatures .. loveeeee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a beautiful boy! and your page is fabulous. the black matting of the pp, makes them just pop up. I love what you did with the Prima stitches stamps (I have the rectangles set, but would love to put my hands on the circles and squares ones too).
    I also love that cat chipboard - really awesome.
    I'm more a dog person than a cat one, but I can totally relate to the feelings you expressed in your journaling.
    Love this page (as I love all your pages...).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just purr-fect, Val! A great sketch made even better in your hands. Love the varied patterned papers and the black matting! That you gave your boy flowers is a plus in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page and your boy is really a beautiful boy. Love your journaling. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love your use of the bright colours this week. They could have dominated your photos, but not in your capable hands. Your furry friend is so beautiful and it's clear the joy and unconditional love he brings to you. Love your work with the Prima stamps and the water colour look inside them. Superb journalling, as always. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is a gorgeous cat! And I'm not a cat lover....!!! And I LOOOOVE the way you've done the '>'...there have been soo many interpretations of Em's sketch - all amazing....your glittery 'meow' etc...LOOOOVE ....this is a glorious page:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Val! You sure nailed this one! It's superb - so eye catching! You've got the balance just purrrrfect! (Sorry - couldn't help it!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet page! Amazing take on the case!! I always love what you create!!! Just gorgeous!!! Enjoy your "new" cat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely page Val! Love the watercoloury squares. As for the art journaling. I procrastinated 10 years so don't worry, I think you still have time!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG....Sensational is the word....Wow...I loved every bit of this...the journalling is beautiful...my younger sis is a dog and a cat lover....and guess what...your page is making me falling in love with these adorable cuties....xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can so relate to everything your write about your right royal boy! my goodness he is just SO handsome! Popping colours against the black, such a fab take on Em'¨s sketch too! beautiful page again Val! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL...your kitty boy is a very loved and pampered!!!!! This page is just puuuuurrrrrrfect....and I love all the beautiful details too! Love your styling.....this is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh he is a very gorgeous & well loved/spoilt boy! Your page is gorgeous....love the Prima stitched square stamp & how you've used it with the mists/watercolours! (I am currently working on a page using the same stamps....love them!) Beautiful journaling too...as always :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have used Hansa before in a layout and I am sure you used this lovely shade of blue ( turquoise) Regardless this is a beautiful layout of a very handsome cat . Love the purr and meow that you have added and especially love the black contrast .

    ReplyDelete