Pages

Friday, 5 September 2014

PROJECT LIFE

Hello Everyone.

By now I am packed and ready to go to our annual Scrapbook Expo here in Johannesburg, Gauteng. It is my favourite time of the year. Not only because of the convention which is held over two days and we get awesome overseas teachers and new product but also because it is a weekend that us TT girls spend together. We stay over at the hotel and swap gifts, eat wonderful food, have lots of laughs and generally have a perfectly chilled time - not to mention the number of margaritas that are consumed and the vodka jellies. I love this weekend.

I have a couple of new project life layouts that I have done that I want to share. I am so excited about this style of memory keeping. I fits in perfectly with my naturally CAS style of scrapbooking and it allows me lots of space to record all my thoughts and stories, and it is quick. I am all about the stories, the good ones, the bad ones, the happy ones and also the sad ones. They all need to be told. I want my kids and my grand kids to know what I was like as a person. My hopes, dreams and fears.


At the moment I am not doing a week by week. I may start that in the new year, for now I just want to get the hundreds of photos I have, scrapped. This first layout is some photos I took of Spencer at 6 months. OMG I love these kids, just in case you didn't know ;) 
What I really love about PL is that I can use my scraps and my stash I don't have to have pre-made cards I can make my own and that suits me perfectly.
I have used papers by I don't know who but I seem to think they may be Kaiser Craft but not sure. I love the animals on them and thought they would be perfect for my little boy. I used a little bit of mixed media with the splats and splashes and the stamping. I love these Heidi Swapp stamps and I think I will get a lot of use out of them too. All of the diamonds and triangles and the little animals were fussy cut and stuck onto cards that I cut to size.

My journalling says:
I am so grateful that I get to be such a big part of your life and to be able to create a bond that will last forever. I get to share so many of your FIRSTS with you, like trying new foods, watching your face as I read you a story, watching you sit and roll over. Best of all is watching your face light up when you see me. I would not change a thing <3

**********

The next one is of some photos I took at a Charity Race Day we were invited to.


And it is a double page spread. I was never going to use these photos on a layout but it was such a fun day and I really wanted to record it all. I decided to used some Teresa Collins papers in red, black, white and sand which were perfect for the decor which was Casual French.

For the first card I used the original invitation and printed it out smaller to create the card. The other half I created a piece I used to journal on... it says:

Invited by Hans and Kim to a Charity Race Day at Turffontein
Hans and Kim
John and Nicolette
Joe and Debbie
Cedrick and Sandra
Simon and I
and a good time was had by all of us.

The rest of my journalling says:
Simon doesn't do dress up, but the theme was casual French. He wore chinos,  a white shirt and a dark jacket with a white scarf. I wore white linen pants, striped top and a red scarf with lots of pearls. It was fun to see all the other outfits. Perfect for a day at the races.

And

I have only been to the races twice before and I had forgotten how much fun it can be. We are not gamblers so it was fun to put some money onto a kitty and have a flutter on all of the races. We were right down to the last few rand at the last race and decided to go for broke. What a win! Ten Grand :)

Here are some close ups of some of the cards.


The little stars are Tim Holtz grunge board that I painted red and then diamond glazed. The 'Just because' is a stamp. Maybe now I will get to start  using all my stamps :D


 What I am really loving about PL is that I can choose when and where and how much mixed media to use on the cards. On this one I used a Tim Holtz stencil with some gesso. The @ is part of the title which is 'A Day @ the Races', across the last three cards on the top row.


This card is a Heidi Swapp stamp that I embossed with black embossing powder and the little Paris is also a stamp. See what I mean about using my stuff ;)


My favourite of all the cards on this layout. That money is going towards an overseas trip for Simon and I. :)

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it.

Till next time.



xox
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Wow Valerie, seems like you're off to a lot of fun and adventure today! Love your PL pages, they are so full of memories as you look back and so beautifully recorded as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOVE that you're doing PL - like I say, I only do mine once a month - but I really enjoy it! I know Ali P does an album for each of her grand kids - PL style....I am going to do this, but mix trad with some PL pages....the fact that you can pick & choose is what I really like about it....Yours look really lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic thing to do - off for some fun and frivolity with a bunch of like minded cobbers. Love the PL layout for your little one and it does seem to be a good way to keep up with things. I'm still trying to avoid yet another form of addiction. The papers are Kaiser craft; perfect for a little boy. The colours you chose for the day at the races are classic and elegant. The win toward a holiday, is just the icing on the cake :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine how this is the best way to get the photos into albums and telling the story...which you do so masterfully. I hope you had an awesome weekend atl the Convention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are enjoying PL - it's perfect for you as you say! Looks like you are doing a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Val I envy you, how you embrace these wonderful new things with no hesitation and master them magnificently! Love these my friend. Oh those granddies are scrumptious :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! These are so awesome! Looove the first page on top <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your styling and the sweet little details.....these are certainly precious little spreads that will be keepsakes for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic PL pages....they all look great! :D x

    ReplyDelete