Pages

Friday, 10 October 2014

INISTOIGE

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all having a wonderful Friday... it's nearly the weekend and this weekend I am going to look at a wedding venue with my kids :)

I have the new challenge for you from Let's Scrap and they have an awesome prize up for grabs so check it out, there is also lovely inspiration from the DT.

This is this week's sketch designed by Michelle van Wyk.

And here is my take on the sketch.


I noticed on the Let's Scrap blog that I had lost the last E in Inistoige and could I find it anywhere? NO! And did I have another one? NO! So I removed the first one with undo and traced around it with brown pen and painted the inside cream... Done and dusted... Love it when a plan comes together. THEN I realised I had spelt it wrong anyway :P it's been one of those weeks but I am ok with it.

My journalling on the back of the layout says:

Of all the places I have visited in Ireland or perhaps even anywhere there is little that compares to the beauty of this beautiful little town. It is pretty all year round but in summer when all the flowers and hanging baskets are out it is pure delight. Inistoige is built alongside the river Nore and is one of the most visited towns in Ireland. The long stretch of grass along the river makes it a perfect place to picnic or walk the dogs and on the weekend it is full of people enjoying the beauty and on this day the sunshine too. We spent an afternoon there enjoying the warm sunshine and each others company, taking photos, chatting, watching the boys playing and then ended it off with scones, Wexford strawberry jam and clotted cream at the little cafe across the road. I loved the peace and tranquility there and I can see myself living there in a little cottage overlooking the water. It truly doesn't get better than this.

Here are some close ups.


I used Prima papers for this layout and plain Bazzill cardstock. The little tickets were printed onto scraps of paper and cut out.


 Lots of stamping but otherwise a very CAS layout. Just my style.


Ok so I didn't exactly follow the sketch but I didn't want to crop my photos any more and I liked the grid design. I also added some ribbon, flowers and a hat pin or two...

VOILA!

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it.

Till next time.


xox
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. LOL! You got me at the clotted cream & scones. 'Fraid I didn't read much more after that...I was THERE in my imagination!!!! What a brill way to get a lot of photos scrapped ...& I had to laugh at your title woes. Sorry....but it IS funny!!!
    Hope the wedding venue is good. Hope they give you food samples!! That would be fun. See, I'm still with those scones, actually.....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my world of being dyslexic and funny names...can never spell them right! Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch Val!!! First of all - love the story of the "E" in your title!! I think we all have been forced to get creative at times!!! I love how you made the sketch work for the photos you had! This is a fun sketch, but can be intimidating if you don't have a lot of small photos - great solution!! Love the tickets, postmarks and flowers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah VAlerie, your gorgeous photos of the Emerald Isle, transport me back to this beautiful country and have me wishing to dust off my passport. Great way to display all your delightful photos. Thanks for the trip down memory lane and enjoy the wedding venue hunting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly such a gorgeous collection of photos! And such complementing colors and just so soothing to view!
    hope the wedding preparation would be a breeze for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning layout Val! The sketch really works nicely with all your photos! Love your color scheme!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pics Val... love the beauty of the layout and the fun that the stamped tickets do to it. Always incredible work girlie!

    Hugs,
    Cathy
    Let's Scrap
    Feeling Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning 2pager. Love the colours. I really need to do more 2 pagers...or I will never get all my photos scrapped.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love the colors and how you incorporated so many pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous page....the photo's are just amazing and love the pink and green together!
    It's a great sketch to use a lot of photies....might need to lif this one! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great salvage of the alphas! Good take on the sketch to of course!! Sure is the way to get all those photos into one place prettily :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your 'E-story' put a smile on my face!! That's just something that I could have done :-)
    The double spread turned out great. Well done on doing a 2-pager. Too hard for me.....

    ReplyDelete