Pages

Friday, 3 October 2014

PROJECT LIFE - HIBISCUS COAST

Hello Everyone

First of all I want to let you all into a little secret that I can now share. My partner in Crime, Cathy van de Bruinhorst, and I have taken over the blog at Feeling Sketchy as of 1 October. The lovely Debi Clark who has been running the blog is staying on with us as a Sketch Designer. It would be great if you could visit the blog and check out our challenges and maybe play along... We have TWO card sketches - posted on the 1st and 15th of each month and a layout sketch posted on the 3rd of the month. We have a great Design Team and they have created some lovely inspiration for you all, and I would love it if you could hop on over and check it all out.
I haven't done much scrapping this week. What with my daughters engagement and all the excitement of an up-coming wedding I have not done anything.
I did however, sometime in all this excitement, finish this project life layout.
Have I told you how much I love this style of scrapping.... lots of photos, lots of journalling, clean and simple style, with a bit if mixed media thrown in... perfect match for me.
Here is the first one.


It is from our last trip down to Uvongo. I have added some of my favourite photos from the trip and my journalling.

Here are a couple of close ups.


Some splats and a stamp. 'In dreams we catch glimpses of life larger than our own.'


What I love about project life is that I can add these random  photos that I love to take just because.


Highlights from our week down there. This style for me is ALL about scrapping the everyday details that make up our lives.



Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. How exciting for you Val. Another challenge on your scrapping journey. I will be sure to pop across and have a look. Your PL double is the perfect way to scrap multiple photos and record your precious memories. I've not gone down that track yet, but I can see the benefits :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely project life pages, I am so addicted to it . I like this style you did, funny little touches. And now I take a look at the sketchy blog! Have a great weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUL that you're taking over Feeling Sketchy.....♥♥♥ their challenges! Just finished a card yesterday!! And your PL is great....that colour combo is yum...the hibisc---us is inspired & the closies are good - get to see the stamps that you used etc:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Even your PL pages are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh how exciting Val!! I will definitely pop over and check out those challenges. Love your PL pages, I have been meaning to have a go at some for ages but somehow haven't found time yet, they look like such a fun and speedy way to scrap a lot of pics and include journaling and stuff. Thanks for the inspiration and have fun with Feeling Sketchy, I know you will do an amazing job :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your PL looks fabulous Val, and I love the close ups to get a good look at all the little details.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only have a second, but had to comment! Love the spread! Great bits of a Coastal area. Nicely organized, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Val and also congrats on your win over at SATW too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your PL pages....a wonderful way to scrap multiple photos and record memories.
    Congrats and all the best with your new blog...how exciting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your new endeavour. I will check out the blog a little later when I have some more time. Sounds exciting! You really did a nice PL spread here. I am still on the fence but love seeing what everybody else have been up to! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow.....just gorgeous! Love these spreads! Congrats on the Feeling Sketchy blog takeover....I just know you 2 will knock it's socks off!!!!!

    ReplyDelete