Pages

Wednesday, 8 October 2014

PROJECT LIFE

Hello Everyone

It has been another couple of busy weeks with limited scrapping being done by me.

In my last post I told you that Cathy van de Bruinhorst and I had taken over the Feeling Sketchy Challenge Blog, well we have also taken over the reigns of the Let's Scrap Sketch blog...

Let's Scrap was the very first DT I ever tried out for a couple of years ago and I loved the little community there, it was a Ning site and it was hard to navigate and way too busy.  There have been some major changes in the last little while and we came to a point where Cathy, Debby and I made the decision to close  down the site and run it  as a blog rather. It has not been an easy transition and now Debby had decided to step down now handing the reigns over to Cathy and I  and we are confident that we are on track now, we still have one or two more changes up our sleeves but we are taking it slowly. 

Let's Scrap is a weekly sketch challenge blog that caters for scrappers of all levels. So I hope that you will check it out and maybe play along with us.

Anyhow... on to other scrappy things. I have completed another Project Life layout, of our one night get away to a Country Hotel called Valverde.


The journalling on the cards says:

We were surprised by Clint and Lin on Fathers and Mothers Day with a night away to Valverde Country Hotel, such a quaint place and a beautiful setting. We arranged for a couple of spa treatments in the afternoon after a wonderful light lunch. The treatments were great. We had such a nice room upstairs - which proved to be a little noisy :) 
A lazy drink to watch the sun go down and a lovely meal in the restaurant to end off the day. Even though it was the middle of winter and most of the trees had lost their leaves, it was still a really lovely place. Lots of little nooks and crannies and wonderful things to take photos of. The gardens must be magnificent in summer. They also have an aquaponics section here and all of the geysers are solar powered and on my walk I even found a worm farm. I love to see places that are so green conscious and trying to do their bit.
The weekend that we were there they were having a wedding and they were busy setting it all up when we went in for breakfast on Saturday morning. It all looked so pretty and I hope that they had a wonderful day.

Here are some close-ups.


This archway went down into the formal garden which was so pretty.
The quote is a stamp.


I used some book paper, washi tape and some fussy cut birds from the authentique paper I used for this layout.


This was one of the little nooks I found.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look, and for taking the time to leave me a comment I really appreciate it.

Till next time



xox
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. A wonderful PL spread and the journalling has captured some precious memories. All the best with the not blog challenge.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely little piece of paradise! You have done this page beautifully. I have not tried my hand at Project Life...yet...not sure if I will. I still like the traditional style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, even your project life pages are gorgeous! Love the greens!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See I told you you would LOVE Project Life!???!!! I'm so glad you've finally climbed on board ;) You have ROCKED it Val and don't you just love getting so much done!? Now you've PL layout is pretty stunning so I'm not sure if this was faster than a traditional scrapbook page LOL, but I LOVE it anyways!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow - this is fabulous Val! PL certainly has its benefits and being able to get a trip away documented on one double page is fantastic. I just set a non-scrappy girlfriend up with PL and she loved it. Now I'm of to look at your sketch sites. Sounds like you're busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome LO girlie! I have quite a bit of PL supplies but it just does not seem to attract me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the balance of your page with the top L & bottom R journaling...how lucky to have a treat like this! The garden looks nice even in 'off' season.....& That little birdy tweeting is the cutest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a relaxing vacation! Great way to journal your memories!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful place to have time out and your PL double captures the beauty of the place perfectly. Congrats on your new venture, I'm sure you will make it work perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely loooove this project. The colours and subject so wonderful. You are rocking those projects life !!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your project live pages. I so wish that I had the patience to do these pages! Yours are absolutely beautiful and so full of wonderful family memories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your PL spreads are just amazing and it flows so easily. Love the colours and styling....really so gorgeous! Think I need to pop back here when I am doing my BoBunny Misc Me....LOL

    ReplyDelete