Pages

Saturday, 25 October 2014

YOU

Hello Everyone
I have the new case file from CSI for you today, so pick up your forensic kits and get ready to do some serious sleuthing. You have one week to play along and there are some wonderful prizes up for grabs.

Here is this weeks challenge.


I used this sketch from Scrap365


Here is my take on both.


Here is how I solved the case.

Scheme - the colours are all there.
Evidence - hearts, flowers, stamps, polkadots, stripes, pocket, quote.
Testimony - write a letter, put your story in a pocket.

My journalling says....

My darling boy,
It is not who you are that holds you back it's who you think you are not. I want you to know always that you are sweet, and loving and kind. You are gentle and you move at your own pace and in your own time, I see a wisdom in your eyes that is old beyond your years and I cannot wait to see the man you become. I hope that you hold on to these attributes for dear life because they are good ones and they will hold you in good stead your whole life. I will protect you and nurture these qualities in you for as long as I draw breath. When others call you names just remember what they think does not define who you are, when they tell you you can't do something you go right ahead and try it anyway. God gave you big dreams so you could grow into them, so don't be afraid. Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars. Stay true to yourself and never compromise your standards or morals. You will know who you are and so will those who know and love you.
I love you to the moon and back.
Grandma <3

Here are some close ups


I just love this photo of Spence... he watches his grandma all the time it is too cute for words. I decided to keep this layout clean. I think this is my real style. I wanted to keep it even more simple than this but it kind of ran away with me. The flowers are made with different sized and distressed circles. I think these are great for boys pages.


I knew when I saw that photo that I wanted to use it with this quote. They just fit together perfectly.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it. 

Till next time.



xox
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Loving all the layers and the colours are fab. I am not good at this white space type page. I admire yours though. I always have too many photos to use up to use just one, I guess that's why I am never left with any white space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, fresh looking page, thank you for joining Scrap 365 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Clean certainly works for you:) But then, so does messy......aaaah! Only messing with your head saying that, LOL....adore those big chunky black 'chevrons' ....& the bold red mixed in....& those flowers look great. Mine always look poxy. Might need to come to SA to take lessons;)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love this Val. Look at those bright eyes, watching for Granny's approval and love. They slurp it up like a nourishing drink and grow accordingly. Love the way you used the sketch and made it your own. The flowers look great and if Lizzy is going, then for lessons so am I. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Love the neat feel to your layout and that photo is adorable! And with such a loving grandma I am sure your grand children will know how loved they are..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh what a wonderful page...I battle with white space as well so just might join Lizzy in some classes with you! I just love reading your wise words...always so full of truth and wisdom...this time the "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars." is just awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Val this is fantastic! I love the clean look and white space and the effect is amazing! A fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful page!
    Greetings from Holland :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly make clean look gorgeous, Love that super cute photo and your awesome layering!
    It all just pops against the whitecardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I had to close my eyes and open again to see if I really am in YOUR blog - so clean page from YOU Val! I looove it, and it might not surprise you ;)
    So much of beautiful details everywhere, but so much of white space.
    I need to pin this one <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaaah man...this is just precious! I love the clean design and that sweet, innocent photo! Love the styling and the sentiment is awesome! This little boy is lucky to have you, and visa verse! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your best work, Val, is your heart-felt work, and this one is no rare exception! The simplicity of this layout allows that beautiful photo and inspiring message to command center stage! Beautifully choreographed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is just delicious. From that sweet photo to the bold red and black. Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Scrap365 this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute is this?! Love the sage advice starting at such a young age :-p

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful clean layout . I really think that it is fabulous and love the words of wisdom as well

    ReplyDelete
  16. AMAZING <3 thank you for playing along with us at scrap 365 x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful layers and those lollypop flowers are gorgeous. I love how you journal from your heart and agree that God gives big dreams so that we can grow in them.

    ReplyDelete