Pages

Saturday, 29 November 2014

WATER BABY

Hello Everyone

Its that time again :) These layouts are the only things that I am getting scrapped at the moment. Things are just so hectic around here at the moment and to top it all Simon fell last weekend and has torn the ligaments and tendons on either side of his ankle and is immobile at the moment so I have a patient to look after too. Looks like he is going to have the boot on for six weeks. Between him and the twins I have my work cut out for me as my house is not kiddy or disable friendly... On the upside I should be stick thin by the time I am done with all the running up and down the stairs :P

So without further ado here is this weeks case file from CSI so gather your forensic kits and let's get to work.

I have had a serious lack of mojo of late and I just can't seem to find my place in scrapbooking. I feel like I am all over the place and because of the topic and what I had in mind I decided I would like to give Veera Saarivuo's style a go. I really love her layouts and if you don't know her you should check out her blog.
Here is how I solved the case. 


Scheme - the colours are all there.
Evidence - book pages, flowers, bird, watercolour, tag, string, staples.
Testimony - Document a daily pleasure.

My journalling on the back of the layout says.

As soon as I saw the testimony I knew that I wanted to document a daily pleasure, which for me is bath time and there was no way in hell I was using a photo of me in the bath.... not ever. Then I remembered when we went to Ficksburg for the cherry festival last year we stayed at this delightful B & B in Ladybrand. I got up early in the morning with my camera to go and explore this lovely place I found this pond with two white ducks and I sat on the edge in the pale morning sun and watched this little guy as he enjoyed the water and it made me think about how much I enjoy it too. The sun was glinting off the water and everything was so bright and fresh and I felt such a sense of peace and calm settle over me just as if I was in the bath.

So I shower in the morning to scrub clean, wash hair, shave etc and for me this is just a practicality, fast and efficient. Then.. in the evening after a long day I soak in the tub and the whole thing is a ritual for me. First I chose fresh pj's and lay them out, get my towel ready, I fill the tub with hot water, very hot water - and yes I know it is not good for you but I don't care. Next goes in bubbles or scented sea salt, I was given these lovely soy candles that you light and as they melt the melted wax is used as an after bath oil and it is so rich and delicious, so they get lit ready for when I need them. Sometimes I take a glass of wine or a book with me, the lights get turned down low and in summer I open the doors to outside and it is my time to lie and relax and absorb all that lovely hot water and melt away the stresses of the day.

It is my time to quiet my mind and reflect on all the things that I have to be grateful for, and they are many. It is the time that I ground myself. It is the time I use to get my thoughts and life in order and it is my problem solving time. It is also my escape and everyone knows that it is my time and I don't want to be disturbed unless the house is on fire.

It is absolutely a daily pleasure and one I hope to enjoy for many years to come.

Here are some close ups.


I only used the one piece of pattern paper with these gorgeous watercolour leaves all over them, that were just the right colours for this colour scheme. The flowers were made using circles and the edges were glittered up. In the photo the duck was having a ball splashing water everywhere.


I layered the photo with tags and book paper and the big leaf was fussy cut from the paper. I added a little of the grey green colour with watercolour pencils in between the leaves and the leaf. Lastly I added a few bling because it reminded me of the way the water glinted in the sunlight.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave a comment I really appreciate it.

Till next time.

xox
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about being all over the show....maybe that IS your style? I know I'm like that....& this one....LOOOOVE...the CAS is sooo attractive, the flowers are magnificent & your journaling says it all. Good luck with bathing while you've got the Man patient on hand.....good luck with all that's going on, full stop....no wonder mojo is not so close at hand....man! You're lucky to find time to scratch yourself, let alone make some scratches on paper:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I came over here to take a look, this is absolutely gorgeous Val!! As Lizzy said, doesn't matter about being all over the show, especially when you can create stunners like this!! Not everyone needs a 'style', some of us simply relish diversity. The main thing is to enjoy what you create and, hopefully inspire others along the way. I, for one, really enjoy your 'style' or lack thereof ... heck, I just love everything you create. This is awesome!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't say you will ever see a pic of me in the bath either! LOL! Great page. Love the angles on the top and bottom of the LO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful! The watercolor paper is perfect as is the picture and the touches of bling! Thank you so much for sharing your journaling - so very true!
    Best of luck as you work to get your household back to "normal" at some point in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your words describing your nightly bathing ritual have so relaxed me...seriously. I have had such a bath--once in 70 years! A dear girlfriend gave me a basket, and in the basket was the softest washcloth you could ever imagine (used as a basket liner). The basket contained a bar of bath soap, bath salts, a small tea candle, two chocolate bonbons and a small book of poetry. There is not reason that I cannot recreate this for myself! Or create one for a friend! Thanks for sharing this guilty pleasure of yours, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This crisp, clean Veeraesque style is simply lovely Val. The patterned paper is perfect for the challenge and your lyrical journalling draws an evocative picture in my mind. NO, not you in the nuddy! A picture of the bathroom, the calm and serenity, you find there. As Lizzy said, I don't think it matters about what style you use. Mine is a bit all over the shop too, because I have a low boredom threshold and just want to try anything and every thing. Sorry to hear about Pappa Si's misfortune. No wonder you feel under the pump. Just be gentle with yourself and do what you can. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is STUNNING. I adore the simplicity of it & I soooo wish I could create in this style too, but I just cannot seem to pull it off. You have totally rocked it. LOVE this Val.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about Simon and I hope his ankle is healed up soon! But yes, I hear you...your life has just got waaaaay more hectic!! This page is beautiful and I love the clean design. You have done it fabulously...and even though the styling is a little different..I can still see it's a Val page! It has your signature written all over it! Your mojo is still there girl and it doesn't have to have a name or a certain style...it just has to be Val, putting her hand into wherever the project takes you...! You are one of the most creative people I know and inspiration abounds...you just need tap into the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Val - this is sensational! I love the clean, beautiful design. I hope you get a chance to relax more over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is simply stunning....literally! Love the simplicity of it, the gorgeous autumn colours and the white crisp background. Beautiful work Val. Hope things have started to quieten/settle down for you....although it's now the silly season, so probably not! Hope you have a lovely Christmas :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a gorgeous CAS layout Val...I love it. The simplicity, colours, the photo and the journaling are all sensational.....I must admit to feeling quite relaxed too after reading your journaling....I must try that one day.:)
    Sending you big hugs my friend. xx
    Wishing you and your family a Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This page is just stunningly beautiful Val, I love all of it - the CAS design, those beautiful flowers, the bw picture against the soft colours ... fabulous, and your journaling has made me really want a nice long bath! Happy Christmas to you and yours Val and I hope you get to relax and enjoy it :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I say WOW Val! this is such a brilliant page, absolutely glorious!! I hear you about hectic life and mojo gone on a hike. :)) LOVE your journalling! also I adore my baths. xox

    ReplyDelete