Pages

Saturday, 15 November 2014

HOLD ON TO YOUR DREAMS

Hello Everyone
Well I made this case file by the skin of my teeth. At the moment I am just fighting fires :) I am only getting my DT layouts for CSI done and no other scrapping at the moment. I am busy with a few other crafty things but nothing I can show yet. :)
Here is this weeks case file. So pick up your forensic kits we have a case to crack. If you haven't played before you can check out all the details and see all the wonderful Design Team inspiration HERE.

And this week also comes with a lovely sketch from Em Stafrace over at Page Drafts.


Here is my take on it.

Here is how I solved the case.

Scheme - the colours are all there.
Evidence - Circles, stripes, polkadots, mesh, rubons, stack something.
Testimony - IW - day, support, ties.

My journalling (one the back of the layout) says:

I would like to give you some advice and I hope you will take it to heart. It comes from deep inside my soul and from my experiences. Your dad and I have had our troubles along the way - big troubles and small troubles but I have learned a lot and a problem halved is not nearly so bad.  One of the greatest gifts I think we have given you is for us to have stayed together, we didn't quit when the going got tough - we toughed it out. Life is hard and it is not always fair but the grass is never greener on the other side. You have to work at it every single day but it is worth it. A close family is a tie you cannot break.

Say 'I love you' often and show it too. Don't take each other for granted. Keep having private time alone together. Laugh, share secrets and have fun as a couple, he will always be your go to guy. Support one another always.  Make sure that you also make time for yourselves you are a couple and not siamese twins joined at the hip. If you make time to do the stuff that feeds your soul you will always have things to talk about.

Say "Thank you" for all of the the things he does for you. Anywhere he takes you. Any gifts he gives you.  Let him know that you appreciate what he does for you.

You can come and tell me anything you want. I'm your mother and love you very, very much. I don't promise to have all the answers but I can listen and sometimes once you have verbalised something the answer comes to you anyway.

I think you have a good man. Treat him like one and he will act like one. He will lay the moon and stars at your feet for your pleasure. And you will be in his heart forever.

I love you very much and I am proud of the woman you have grown up to be.  I can't wait to see where the next part of your journey takes you and I am so grateful to be a part of it. 

I love you to the moon and back.

(The photo of Storm and Lloyd was one taken by his brother at their engagement party this weekend.)

Here are some close ups.


I used my nestabilities to die cut the circles in black cardstock, and the arrows are all chipboard, one was left raw and the other two were just painted black.


 I painted the title black and  used some diamond glaze on the YOUR....


Lots of flowers layered up and layout done. 
Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a message I really appreciate it.




xox
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and love your journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that there is good advice! Hope they have a long and successful partnership! LOOOVE that b&w photo, especially...that look of love & my favest bits are the black & how they make the other colors really pop.....gorgeous page.....keep that head above water, chicky! Your parcel has been posted, btw......hoping it gets there before Chrissy!!! You will get a little extra surprise in there, too...saying no more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fresh and fun page Val, I love the way you've used the sketch, love the arrows and circles, the whole thing is put together beautifully and I found your heartfelt advice very moving. Glad you're managing to squeeze in some scrapping still - keep that head up and enjoy the ride! :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful layout and a beautiful couple :). love your clean and elegant take on the sketch, and you've used the colors so perfectly.
    As always your journaling touch is the star of your layout :). such wise and loving advices. I wish them both many happy years and may they bring you lots of joy and pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As parents we all want the best for our kids. Hope they take this advice to heart! What a great pic of the clearly happy couple! Great take on the case and the sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep those feet paddling away Val! Just do the "have to's" and leave the rest. Your beautiful family always comes first. I love this happy, happy photo, your fresh, modern take on the sketch and most of all your wise words to your DD. Yes, marriage can be hard, but the rewards are there, for those who survive the storms. She is a lucky girl to have you in her corner. Lovely work :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Helen says keep paddling....I loved your wise words to your daughter....great page...as always.....may the new couple be blessed with love and understanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Val, first off your daughter is just beautiful, you can see how happy she is :). What an awesome take on the sketch, I love the light and airy feel of the whole thing and the pop of black is perfect.

    Your advice is wonderful. In today's day and age, sadly everything is disposable, even marriage. Anything worth it takes work and commitment. Great advice from you <3

    Paula xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Val... This is a gorgeous layout and wonderful take on the sketch....The photos are beautiful!
    Loved reading your heartfelt journaling to your daughter. She is lucky to have such a Beautiful and caring Mum xx
    Hope you are keeping on top of things! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very good advice given out of an era where we fixed what was broken. I love the circles that formed the base of your page. Beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing photos & a very good looking couple! Beautifully clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful.. I love that you have used a black and white and a color photo and love the circle elements.. they look very happy, and I wish them a lifetime of happiness too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the simplicity of your page! clean lines, popping colours and shout "look at me"! What a perfectly put together piece of art. Oh, and I realised Valerie, I'm already following your blog since a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the clean look of this page and the beautiful colours...a great CSI case file. I miss doing the CSI cases...but just don't have time for them at the moment. Hopefully in December when I have some time off then I can play again.
    But I am digressing....the journalling is gorgeous and your love so evident and so amazing...
    Definitely a very attractive couple...and I wish them every happiness and love! ;-)
    Hope the grandies are better too....Joe has luckily recovered and back to his happy,healthy self! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE love love this. The bold black design elements with the blue and red is just perfection plus!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This touches me deeply, Val! You are encourageing these "youngsters" to hold onto their dreams, but, at age 70, I still hold onto mine! Never lose hope; never lose sight of your dreams! Beautiful art, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. absolutely brilliant ! loving the heartfelt journaling and the LO is so beautiful ... wonderful piece of art x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my Val, the love you feel for your daughter just shines out of this page and in your journaling. Absolutely stunning page and I'm sure your daughter will take your advice to heart!! Adore this!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally gorgeous! Love the pops of red & the layered circles. Another brilliant page :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. How I love your journalling Val, exactly the advice I got myself as newly wed and that I am passing on. Wonderful wonderful page in so many ways. I want to thank you for your support, for all your visits and all your kind words over and over again. You are such a sweetheart Val! THANK YOU! xoxo

    ReplyDelete