Pages

Monday, 3 November 2014

MONKEY BUSINESS

Hello Everyone

I have a new Special Collaboration case file to share today from CSI so get your forensic kits ready and get down to some serious sleuthing.

This is the case file.



Here is my layout.



I solved the case using...

Scheme - the colours are all there.
Evidence - bird accents, leaves, paint, mixed media background, mist.
Testimony - Journal about nature, handwrite your story, IW - first, outside, nature.

My journalling (on the back of the layout) says:

We spent such a wonderful day out at Hartebeespoort Dam when Voula came to visit. First we tried to go to the Elephant Sanctuary but you had to book first and on our way there we passed the monkey sanctuary so we turned around and went back. There is nothing better than spending time with my whole family outside, in nature and at the same time supporting such a worthwhile cause. This sanctuary is west of Hartbeesport Dam and it provides an environment where monkeys can be given their freedom in a natural environment. The sanctuary is situated in one of the many Kloofs (Gorges) of the Magaliesberg mountain range provides the perfect environment for Monkeys from around the world. I couldn't believe how big it was for starters, our guide told us they would be able to take in about 700-800 monkeys in all. There were beautiful walkways through the entire place so you could see the primates in their natural habitat...We all loved it and and we learned so much. We also managed to get some wonderful photos like these ones of Storm and this little guy who took a shine to her. It is wonderful that there are people like these that are trying to make a difference to these animals and at the same time educating the rest of us.

Here are some close ups.


I used plain white cardstock for my background and used some gesso with the cracked stencil to which I added a little misting I also added some paint circles. The papers  are from ??? (I can't remember now :P) that were perfect for the colours of this case file. The doilies were also the perfect colour.


The row of owls down at the bottom was fussy cut from the papers and I added flowers from Prima and Petaloo. The border is a punched border. The photos are of my daughter and her new friend :D

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I want you to know that I appreciate your visits and support.

Till next time.




xox
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Oh so lovely! What great photos and it sounds like a fun place!! love the design too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous effect in the photo and so well suited for the challenge! Love your work Val! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this...the photo is beautiful and I so share your sentiments about sanctuaries...Many people are against cadged animals, but I feel positive that sometimes it's for their own good to be taken out of bad situations and given that second chance in life...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Fabulous page! Love the owls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page - love the owls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful use of the colours and I love the patterned paper you used. The MM looks great in the background and I like the bright green artisan shape on the left, as balance. Such interesting journalling and it sounds like a special, family day :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Val, love the way you cracked this case .... great use of the colors and loving the texture ... fabulous pics too xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  8. You solved this case perfectly. Lovely design. I am so glad that I am not the only one who have paper stash going back many years xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely jaw-dropping, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous design, love the colours and the MM background details....Great photos and love the journaling! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute. Perfect take on the colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!!! that's all I can say...wish we lived on the same continent so we could scrap together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great colours Val and I love those owls. Like the chirp about your daughter and her new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic and amazing layout! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete