Pages

Saturday, 31 January 2015

12 TAGS OF 2015 - JANUARY

Hello Everyone

I am here with a quick post because I want to get this in before the deadline. I have seen so many people playing along with Tim Holtz and his 12 Tags of 2015 so I thought I would check it out and loved what I saw and so I made some time to play this afternoon. This is the first time I have just done something just for me, and for no reason other than I wanted to play and I had such fun. I think I am going to try and get all 12 done. :)


Here is my tag.


Most of the stuff I used on here was his product. I didn't have the plastic words and numbers but I made do with chipboard. This was so much fun to do and my hands are so dirty :P Not sure how I will cope with that but I loved the whole process. I followed his steps pretty much as is.... The colours haven't really photographed as nicely as it looks in real life but it is very overcast this afternoon.

Here are some closeups.


I wanted to add some stars and I had some of his grunge board die cuts which I painted with the gold distress paint and then I added a little teal metalic rub to them too. I also added a couple of flowers which I coloured with Peacock Feathers distress stain to get the right colour.


The coarse seam binding was also coloured using Peacock Feathers distress stain and a little of the walnut stain too.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really appreciate it.

 Till next time - Happy Scrapping!





xox
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous tag!! Love the colors!! Don't you hate when the colors don't photograph as well as they look in person!! But it looks great to me!! Thanks for your kind comments. Especially the ones about my daughter!! Thank you!! IT is so appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun, to do something just for fun. Very liberating I think. Love the tag. I'm a big fan of the seam binding and I really like the star treatment. I must pop over and take a look :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!! I soooo KWYM....isn't it FUN just playing? And what an awesome play you've had. And the GOLD....isn't it soooo fun playing with sparkles & richness???? SOZZY....completely whacked from having Lucas ON with a COLD & him waking every 2-3 hours.....oh, man! I am a GOOD MA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brain fried....but I'm soooo glad you played! Wouldn't it be awesome to win some Tim goodies, too???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes to just play :) What a great job ya did too! Love Tim and nis tags :) I saw him at CHA

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never participated in this challenge, my, each year, it intrigues me. This first tags is just gorgeous, Val! Not having all of the exact element in Tim's tag just makes your unique and more special in my book! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag! Love the beautiful details you created, Valerie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Val & what a great idea too. I look forward to seeing what tag you create next month. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous , just fabulous Val .... how do I find out about this challenge .. sounds intriging x

    ReplyDelete
  9. found it Val .. looks like fun xoox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh good on you for just getting in there and enjoying it! This turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Val and good on you for joining in. I had started this tag too but couldn't get it done in time (it is still not finished), but I am going to keep trying!! I love your version!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh this is seriously awesome val!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sooooo beautiful....love everything about your tag! Gorgeous work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete