Pages

Monday, 5 January 2015

DREAM

Hello Everyone!
Happy New Year! I hope that 2015 will be good to all of us :)
I have a new case file for you from CSI - so it is time to pick up your forensic kits and get sleuthing. I hope that you will find some time to play along, the rules are up on the site and there is so much wonderful inspiration to get your creative juices flowing.

It also comes with a very versatile sketch from Em Stafrace over at Page Drafts.


This is how I solved the case.


Scheme - the colours are all there.
Evidence - frame, doodles, sprinkle something (embossing powder), texture paste (chip boards)
Testimony - Hand write your story. (On the back)

The quote on the front of the layout says...
'It's her beauty that captures your attention.
It's her personality that captures your heart.'

My journalling on the back says.
I don't think that I have ever read a quote that is more perfectly suited to anyone than this one is for you. You have such an engaging smile,sparkly, mischievous eyes and a  big personality that you are not afraid to use. You have captured the hearts of everyone that has ever met you. There are no half measures with you, you cry as if your heart was breaking and you laugh as though your sides are splitting. You are able to portray exactly what it is you are wanting and you are not shy to let it be known if you don't get what you want.
I hope that you never lose that. Don't let anyone dull your sparkle you are perfect just as you are. You were not born to blend in but to live out loud, and I would be very sad to see that tamed.
So .... dream big darling girl, and don't let anyone try and tell you that you can't do it... show them you can and just dream bigger. You have the world at your feet and anything is possible, you have the determination to do what you want, I see it in you every day. This has been one of the most amazing years of my life, watching you grow and develop, explore and discover the outside world and yourself and I am more than blessed to have been a part of it. I love you. Grandma <3

Here are some close ups.


I went for a CAS approach again this week. It is definitely what I am most comfortable with. White background and the patterned paper was perfect for this week's palette. The dream is a Heidi Swapp sticker and the flowers were made using my Tim Hotlz die - I really love these flowers.


I covered the chipboards with texture paste and a sponge for roughness then I applied some Distress Stains in green, pink and beige. Once it was dry I applied some clear embossing powder and heat set.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!





xox
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Tears! Again mom! Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous interpretation of the sketch and the colour blending is perfect. How quickly this little munchkin has grown. I love to read that she is a girl to be reckoned with - not going to be dissuaded from doing what she wants and needs. She has just the Granny to aid and abet her in her ambitions! Enjoy every moment as you see the world anew through her eyes :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. just so beautiful, awesome layout and so sweet are those photos, love it, great sketch too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I agree..I think CAS really does suit you...the chippy is fab, the flowers are YUM...& you know what I normally think of flowers! And the journaling - as always - is just wonderful:):)) loooove this one:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing, I love the white back ground and those flowers look fabulous.. love the journalling too.. and those photos are just perfect! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have used the white space brilliantly Val and your Grandaughter is just GORGEOUS. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love LOVE this page Val...if I read your journaling I see quite a bit of you in this precious granddaughter of yours...why blend in if you are meant to stand out. I think I really "need" that Tim Holtz flower die....love lollipop flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't expect that your journaling would bring on what my family calls a "Kay Moment," but it did. This will one day be a keepsake for your granddaughter, Val, and is not one for her parents. I love how you can take a sketch and "own" it, but you do. Way to go, Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page Val! Love that sweet photo and the softness of the papers and design! The clean design is perfect and draws one into that precious photo! Love the chippie and the stamped sentiment! Makes for the perfect page of love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful page! I love all of your layouts! I'll definitely have to stop by and play along!

    Hope you get a chance to visit my blog as well....hasn't been updated yet, but will be back on it soon!
    http://www.createmepink.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember seeing this on Facebook and just going ooooh! had to come and check it out close-up and now I'm saying OOOOH! with capital letters. This is SO beautiful Val, really really so! xoxo

    ReplyDelete