Pages

Sunday, 11 January 2015

IT'S MY PARTY

Hello Everyone.

This is going to be my last post as a 58 year old. OMG I love birthdays - I bet you couldn't tell could you. :D

So I was browsing my fave blogs as I do and as I was reading Lizzy Hill's blog and came across this challenge blog called Life Zesters which she had joined which is a Project Life challenge and as I am doing PL I thought I would give it a go too. I have just completed this double layout from my birthday last year. I don't know why I am doing last years when I should be doing this years but there you go. :P

Their first challenge is all about showing your style. I think this layout represents my style pretty well.


As we don't get much in the way of Project Life stuff here I had to make all my own cards and as it was for my birthday it involved a lot of glitter and also some mixed media on the cards. which doesn't show up very well here. I really need to find a way to take pics of project life without the reflections.

Here is the left hand page.


The little card that has week 2 on it has some clear gel paste mixed with clear glitter and put through a honeycomb stencil. It dries clear and leaves a shimmer which I love.

Here is the right hand page.


The bottom right cards have the same stencil on it and also a little chipboard present that has been glittered.

Here is a close up of one of the cards I made using glitter ribbon, chipboard that I covered in glitter and some old stickers.


My journalling on this layout says.

Honey Rock Motel is one of the dodgiest places around - I think you can rent the rooms by the hour - BUT - the food there is so good and if you don't  book on the weekend you won't get in. It is one of my fave places to go for a nice chilled lunch. They make the VERY best Portuguese peri-peri chicken I have ever had. Good Food. Cold Drinks. GREAT company.

AND

We have always made a big deal of birthdays in our family. It is your day. You can do what you want, eat what you want, go where you want with who you want. A real spoiling day. For me it is breakfast in bed and a chilled day spent with those I love - my family! I like to go out to eat, so no-one has to worry and we can all just enjoy ourselves. We always have such a good time together. My best combination.

Happy Birthday!

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment it really means a lot.

Till next time.
Happy Scrapping!



xox
Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. Fabulous spread! I love all the glitter and sparkle :) Happy birthday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super PL spread, I think it is SO you this style. I love the colors you used together with the sparkle.That little (gift)package looks so cute. You are a lucky woman, living a good life ! And you look like that. About making the pictures for PL.... I always put my cards on top of the sleeve (that thing where they go in, I forget the name, getting old ) and lie it on white, black or kraft paper, depence on the PL spread colors.. Now you dont have that refelxtion. And after that I stick them inside the plastic thing. I do not look at facebook every day when I have to work a lot, so if I forget: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Val ! You are a great lady, and I like you a lot eventhought I dont know you in real. Have fun.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thank you for the PL blog tip, finally a PL challenge site :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Have a great day! Your PL looks good, love the balance of the colors! Enjoy your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! I love your pages! And that you have the commitment to making all your own cards, not only does it look fab it is 100% unique! Thanks for playing along with our 1st challenge over at LZ!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. so so beautiful Val, just like you ... always so much emotion and joy woven into your work , between the layers just oozes with your personality . love the bright, bold and happiness here .. happy birthday soon xooxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Val, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to us, as today is my 71st birthday! I love that you are making your own PL cards, as this just makes everything even more personal. Glad you got the two-pager done while you are still 58! Lots of good memories. By the hour, huh? lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it!! Such a fun way to showcase your birthday!! Love that you make birthdays so special!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning work!!!! Thanks for playing along with Life Zesters

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome pages Val! I love how you have made your own cards - I make many of mine too! I love the glitter and mixed media accents. :) thanks for joining in with Life Zesters challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow a m a z i n g pages love it all - thanks for sharing with Life Zesters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Happy Birthday Val. love your tones on this spread - thanks for trying our challenge at Life Zesters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful PL spread Val! The fact that you made your own cards makes it so much more special and I looooveeee the little chipboard present ... so cute!!! I know it's your Birthday today so you probably won't see this till tomorrow, but I do hope you had a wonderful day and got totally spoilt! Happy Birthday!! Hugs ox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday my beautiful friend. You must really tell us your beauty secret of eternal youth...I would never have thought you to be 59 today. Love your project life spread.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Val - I must say you really do NOT look it! They say that means you must have lived either a very good or a very bad life!? hehehe :o) Love your PL pages - what a coincidence, I've had a whole lot of PL stuff sat waiting for me to play with for months and I just finally got them out last night, such a great way to scrap a lot of pictures and memories quickly and I love all your little personal touches, very "you". Anyway, I hope you are having a wonderful day and having fun at your dodgy motel - sounds like the best kind of birthday to me! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow Val, we are the same age - hipsters we are hey! Thanks for playing along with us for our first ever PL challenge! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such Lovely pages with all the pretty glittery embellishments.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wheeeee! I'm so glad you read about this one & have entered it! LOOOOVe your glittery sparky bits especially the cup cake card....personally I think making your cards is so much more genuine and authentic [said from she who doesn't.....!!!]....love the grey, neutral bg to make the rest pop, too:) I've been away....still catching up!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning layouts :) Hope you had a very happy birthday xx
    Thanks for sharing with us at Life Zesters x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like you had another awesome birthday! Good for you keeping up with PL on your own terms. I would love to be able to do it too. Too little space & too little time. I love your grey palette with some sparklies!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you had a good Birthday! Your PL spread is great and I really do love your styling....it's easy and flowing and that I love on PL spreads. When I do my PL photo's for BoBunny, I take the cards out of the plastics and just place them on top, make sure they are positioned perfectly and then snap away. That was there is no glare...! It's a bit time consuming, but it's worth it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Belated birthday wishes. Love this project life project layout with all its glitter and sparkle.
    I love the sound of that Honey rock motel

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great job on Project Life! If you are planning on ordering anything I wouldn't mind trying to share their ridiculous $75 shipping charges as I'm after some albums!!

    ReplyDelete