Pages

Tuesday, 27 January 2015

KEEP CALM AND EAT A CUPCAKE

Hello Everyone

I have a card for you for Sketch #113 over a Feeling Sketchy


This sketch challenge is sponsored by the Digi Shoppe and they sent us this image to play with.

 

I am not one for cutesy images or colouring in really but I thought I would go outside of my comfort zone and give it a try.

Here is what I came up with.


I printed the image onto watercolour paper and cut it out and matted it onto the pink cardstock. The image was coloured in using my neo pens and an aqua brush. I added the quote and the ribbon and flowers. 
I enjoyed playing with it and who knows I may even give it a go again. :)

The next project is my layout for Let's Scrap Sketches #1-14-15 which has closed but I thought I would share my layout anyway.

Here is the sketch.


It has been a while since I did a double pager and I had a lot of fun doing it.


I am absolutely in love with Maja Design papers and I knew when I saw these photos of my darling Paige that I wanted to use them. I changed the photos to black and white because I wanted a vintage feel to the layout. I also tinted them slightly with a sage green tint. I have kind of kept to the sketch but opted not to go with all the little bits of paper.

Mu journalling on the back of the tags says:

I don't think I will ever get tired of being entertained by you Miss Paige. You are a delightful and engaging creature that is here to live out loud, and live out loud you do. You are the one who demands attention and cuddles as often as possible, your face lights up when you see the people that you love and there is no mistaking what you are feeling. You are all over the place, up and down, exploring, standing, sitting and flitting from one thing to the next with the seeming attention of a goldfish, but you are like a sponge learning, experiencing and soaking it all in. You know what you want and want it all and you want it now and you invariably get your own way, but you do it in such a sweet way that you draw people in to your little world. You get so excited by the things you do for the first time like sitting, crawling, standing and taking your first steps. I hope that I am always able to see things the way you do for the are exciting and the world is your oyster and I will love you fiercely until I draw my final breath.

Here are some close-ups.


The little quotes on either side of the layout are from Kaiser Craft and were perfect for my Paige. The letters for the title were silver and I painted them with gesso and some distress paint to age them a bit.


I added the flowers and painted them with some gesso and added some Lindy's Stamp Gang mists to get the colours I wanted.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. It really makes my day.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!




xox
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Our kids are going to be so lucky one day to have a link to the thoughts from their granny! How lucky that they have entry after entry from your journal so that they know how much they are loved. Thank you mom, once again touching journalling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely...and your page is stunning. I love the softness of the Maya papers (where do you get them?) Your little ones are growing much too fast...cherish these moments ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you! Going all soft and pretty & colouring in as well!!! Hats off to you - that's one thing I suck BIG TIME at :):) love the clusters of flowers on the card....they just add that finishing touch. And of course, your double page is stunning.....as is your journaling:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I especially like the card with the feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card, Val, and how clever to print the image directly onto water color paper! Genius, I say.. But, now, your layout of over-the-top magnificent! I love all the detail, but especially your quotes. And, agree with "The Cleaner" that your grandbabies will be so lucky to have access to these early "granny thoughts!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card Val and you did a great job with the colouring! I love the sentiment too...a cupcake a day to keep the Doctor away!!!!! LOL....and then your sweet and precious page....love the vintage and shabby feel and yes...these Maja papers are stunning! The photo's are gorgeous and your grandie just waaaaay tooo sweet! Can't believe they are a year old already!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Val...I'm just back from Phuket and madly trying to catch up with a few of my favourite blog sites. Look at that darling little toddler. Yes, they must be one, as our twins just turned four and are off to Kindy. Such a pretty page you made for your little darling and I love the Maja papers too. She sounds a real live wire - are you sure you haven't been giving her secret lessons on how to get what she wants?? I'm not a fan of cutesy card images either, but you made it look super. Hope all is well in your camp <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your double layout is mega cute, love the quotes too, and your journaling is from the heart.. and gorgeous card too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Val what a pretty page/Paige! And totally copy-able (which I probably will!) - and your journalling gave me goose-pimples. Your littles are so lucky to have you as their Granny. Love the cupcake card too, the idea of printing straight onto watercolour paper was an inspiration! :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 2015 Val. This is a stunning vintage feel layout and as always a touching story.Love the black and white photos as they really accentuate the layout. Super papers as well !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card!! Love that cupcake and the way you accented it with the bow and pretty paper!! Also gorgeous two pager!1 The colors and the pictures are beautiful together. Love the girl sayings and what you wrote!! Brought tears to my eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That card is just too pretty and lovely, classy looking double page!

    ReplyDelete