Pages

Wednesday, 7 January 2015

TWO FOR ONE

Hello Everyone.

I am a bit late with this post but better late than never. RIGHT?

This first one is a card for Feeling Sketchy Challenge #112 and here is the sketch


I kind of kept to the sketch and but added my own twist. I made this for Storm for her birthday which was on Saturday.


The quote is a stamp and it is perfect for my daughter.

I hope that you find some time to play along with us... you have until January 14th to get your entry in, so check out the blog and have some fun.

The next one is my layout for Let's Scrap Sketches #12-31-14 which has now closed so you don't have any more time to play along. SORRY!


This was the sketch which I totally took liberties with. I was going for the right hand side and I don't do round photos and it went downhill from there...


I did use some round elements :P

My journalling on the back of the layout says...

These two definitely have a language of their own, one that separates them from everyone else and it is too cute to watch the way they interact with one another. When it is bed time they stand up in their cots and talk and play with one another giggling like two little schoolgirls. They play peek-a-boo and screech-a-lot and have a whale of a time. I was so lucky to capture this shot because I think it looks as if Paige is whispering some secret into his ear and he is listening to every word,  but in reality she was just trying to get his head into her mouth.  Teething is not much fun and anything to chew on is good. I love everything about this photo, the way she is watching me and the camera, the way she is holding his head (so he doesn't get away) and the way he looks like he is listening so intently. A perfect moment captured.

Here are some close-ups.
 

Love these papers and they are perfect for this photo as the colours and theme were neutral.


I used some flowers and buttons and cutout a few of the stars.

Quick and easy layout. Just like I like it.

Thanks for stopping bye to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a message I really appreciate it.

Till next time.
Happy Scrapping!


xox
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. A great moment captured by you! Such lovely journalling and a wonder memory that we all get to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your projects are so beautiful Val! Love the sentiment surrounded by the beautiful flowers on the card and the photo is so precious on the layout! Great mix of patterned papers! A moment to surely treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card for your daughter, Val, and a great layout of your two munchies! My, how they've grown! It is, indeed, and adorable picture and you have beautifully honored it with your layout. Sweet journaling today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a CORKER of a photo & soooo deserving of a page...even if it did take on a life of it's own!!! They're often the ones we like best, strangely!!!! And I DO see circles, LOL;)!!!!!! Love your card. The way the sentiment takes centre stage......really lovely:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous projects Val. How cute are those two little Bubbas with their own secret language? The colours are lovely together and you gave a nod to the sketch with the circles. Clean and simple at its best πŸ’ πŸ’

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are lovely creations! Fabulous card and that layout is so cute! Adorable photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your LO! Love the colors ! Who has made those papers? Sorry for my bad english, hope you understand what i mean :/ xo Anna :) urascrap.blogg.se

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember who made the papers and I cut the bottom off and forgot to make a note. We got them at a convention I went to and I used the left over bits for this layout. They are beautiful aren't they.

      Delete
  8. If I look really hard I can kinda see the sketch there Val! Ah, but what does it matter - it's a fabulous lo! Love the card too. And it's a busy time of year - no need to stress abut scrapping ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH Val...this photo just made me all weak in the knees....so very cute. Love your page and your words of love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS card and layout!! Two little cuties and one amazing sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great card and a gorgeous layout! Really love the colours and styling here and the photo is just so very sweet! ;-) The yellow just makes your page pop...a perfect combination! ;-)

    ReplyDelete