Pages

Monday, 26 January 2015

WINTER WONDERLAND

Hello Everyone

I am back from a brief getaway and what a wonderful time we had - We spent a few days in the Midlands at Oaklands before going to our place at the coast for a few days. We got back just in time for the twins first birthday :D

So... that means I am a bit late in posting my layout for CSI and this month is a collaborations with Words and Paintery So you can make one layout for two challenges. So pop on over and check them out.


and 


Here is my layout.


Here is how I solved the case.

Scheme - the colours are all there
Evidence - stripes (wood paper), snowflakes, three of something (scallops), rhinestones/glitter, scallops, ribbon.
Testimony - Today is the first day ...., Winter writing prompt - The five senses with regard to winter and IW frozen, overcome and celebrate.

My journalling (on the back of the layout) says:

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to have a white Christmas and we are NEVER going to get it here in South Africa - so we had to overcome our obstacles and make another plan and that plan was to go to Ireland for Christmas (still no snow) and then Scotland to celebrate Hogmanay (New Year) where we did get snow. Lots of it!
 I will never forget waking up that first morning and looking out the window and seeing the whole little town of Pitlochry covered in crisp, white, sparkling snow. I don't think I have ever seen anything so beautiful. I dressed warm and went outside where two things struck me and the first was how hard the snow can be if it is thick enough and the other thing was the individual snow flakes.... they really look like that. I was like a child at Christmas. Snowball fights, snow angels, snow falling on to your tongue and catching in your hair and I don't think I have ever been so cold before it was - 21. I remember that it was so cold it hurt to breathe and when  breathed out I made vapour. My hands and nose so cold I couldn't feel them. Then frozen to the core going inside for hot chocolate with marshmallows and a fire to warm me up.
I don't think I would like to live with winters like that but I realised that if I want to grow I have to experience as much as I can and and much diversity as I can and also that today is indeed the first day of the rest of your life so don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today because it may just be too late.

Here are some close ups.


I used the same photo in black and white and in colour.  The title and the snowflakes were cut with my silhouette machine and then I added the glitter to them. Tucked behind the ribbon is a clock face that was embossed. Flowers added and some bling here and there.


I had some chipboard that I covered with glitter. The ribbon was coloured with Tim Hotlz distress stain in the colours of the palette. The blue tag was made with cardstock that was dipped into distress stain and dried off. I then stamped script in black ink.

I hope you will try and find time to play along, they are both fun challenges.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!





xox
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photo of a winter wonderland. I have never experienced snow and I am honest if I say that I am a sunshine girl that easily feel chilled even in our mild weather. I love the way you journaled this new experience xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo! Thanks for playing with us at Words & Paintery and CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout, loving the colour pallet! I need to start doing these challenges again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that colour palette and your page is a fabulous take on the challenge!! We don't get snow here where we live either but I do remember winters in Holland and it was OH SO COLD!!!!! Went to the snow in Victoria some years back now and that was fabulous. Nowhere near as cold and it was just for the day so we thoroughly enjoyed it and then went home to the warmth again. Love your page Val and your journaling took me back to some lovely memories. Magic!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page!! Love the background and how you highlighted the photo with that lovely wood paper! Thanks for all your kind comments on my blog about my daughter's birthday, etc. Always love catching up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the story here.....I'd like to do a white Christmas. Once. That would be enough! Loooove the way you've used the colours on this one. I sooo wanted to join in but I just don't think I'm going to get a chance....aaah well, it's nice seeing what everyone else has done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So wonderful :) I always loved catching snow flakes on my mittens and seeing just now different each one was. I don't miss the cold, but sometimes I miss the beauty and peace of that first snowfall.

    As always you layout is beautiful :)

    Paula xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had more snow today that one could wish for--30" in most places in the yard and driveway, with complementary 3'-4' drifts! Not quite as picturesque as your photo, however. Love the distinct color variations here! Well done, Val! May I send you some snow?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful layout Val! I love the idea with the pictures ! You are right what you said on my blog, I dont make that much in the moment. Acctually I do make things a lot , but dont show all of it :) Sometimes I get so tired of social media. Reading, commenting , Facebook, instagram, pinterest, blogs etc I dont like to just say : gorgeous! Or beautiful!!! You know what I mean? I think there are people that have one word on their copy/paste tab and let that go on everything they see :) :) And than there is real life, with work, children and grandchildren . I dont give enough attention to them , I have to change that a little. They are complaining. But why are there only 24 hours in a day ? I am so bad at timemanagement....... You wrote lovely about that snowy scene . Sometimes it is a fairytale, true. Here in Switzerland it does not have windy days a lot, and thats why it is not watercold. If we dress well, it is never too cold here. But saying that.....I hate winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page and such amazing photo's too! One can just feel that cold BRRR! Love the simple elegance...it certainly places the focus on your gorgeous photo's! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Val, beautiful layout. Lovely photo and you can really feel the cold weather. Thank you for playing with us at Words&Paintery

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Love your paper and embellies choice and that pretty photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Val! So great to see your work in the Words and Paintery gallery. Your layout is really lovely and oh my that photograph is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete