Pages

Tuesday, 17 February 2015

ALWAYS

Hello Everyone!

I had the babies yesterday as we had some friends for the night last night who wanted to see them so I had a free day today and nothing to do so I got to play again. Seems like it doesn't happen too often at the moment.
 
I love the mood board over at Scrap Around the World, and it has been awhile since I last joined in so today seemed like a good day.


I also decided to combine it with this sketch from Sketchabilities.


Here is my take on both.


My journalling on the back of the layout says...

There is nothing like finding yourself in a place where you are able to connect 100% on all levels to yourself, the earth and the universe, a place that just feels right. Oaklands was one such place for me. 
I just love the countryside of the Midlands it reminds me so much of Ireland. Gentle rolling hills that look like they are covered in emerald green velvet, animals grazing and roaming around. Misty mornings with beautiful sunrises and glorious sunsets. Wild flowers growing on the sides of the roads. A place where heaven and earth meet and all is right in the world. A place where you can feel the energy flowing through you and making you whole and strong again. A place where humans, animals and nature co-exist in peace and harmony. A place that allows your thoughts to float across your consciousness like the clouds drifting across the sky. Allowing you to see things more clearly without all the external interference of normal daily life. A place where you can catch your breath again and just be. A place where all your senses are heightened and you are so present. A place where time stands still and days melt into one another and you realize just how small and insignificant you are in the grand scheme of things. The place where ego is replaced by soul a place I always want to find a way back to.

Here are some close ups.


I used beige cardstock and some papers by Tim Hotlz Ideology, a little builders tape and some watercolour paint. 


I punched the edge of the paper and distressed it and the title is from Heidi Swapp.

 

I found these cork embellishments in my stash and outlined them with a white pen to match the TODAY circle. The circle around the photo is made with raffia type twine and the film strip is a chipboard. I used a couple of flowers and added some bling.

I managed to capture the look I was after with this layout and for me absolutely captures the essence of getting back to what matters.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!




xox
Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout, Val! I love this one! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh.....I wanna go there!!! SUBLIME. And the raffia -ish circle? LOOOVE...so glad you had time to just - scrap!!!!! Our next fella has arrived. So the count is now 2 grandboys, 0 grandgirls! Oliver is CUTE. 8lbs 4oz!!! Whoa!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lizzy congratulations... how cool... you will be kept on your toes now <3

      Delete
  3. I love the colours and textures you have combined here. Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a photo - it is sublime and your words capture the essence of the place and how it makes you feel. Truly alive in all aspects. They are rare spots on the earth and all the more powerful because of it. Clean and simple at it's very best and your lyrical words make it leap off the page into my soul. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Val :) I look at it and feel at piece, great take on the board!

    Paula xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. capital B for beautiful . love every little piece of this Val ... stunning and glorious with a certain softness x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful work, I love it! Thank you for joining our challenge at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always I'm in love!! Simple and so elegant!! Thank you for joining the SATW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE the colors and the way you used the sketch!! Gorgeous picture too!!! Hope it cools off for you soon!! Sending some cooler air your way!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow wow wow Val, this is extraordinary. I love everything about it. You have totally rocked the whole white space too. A definite magical quality happening here. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet Val and beautiful! I love the way you combined the cork and Heidi Swapp embellies with the feel of your page! Love it! Thank you for joining the SATW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your layout! It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You remained truer than true to both the color palette and sketch, Val! I love this sketch and may just have a go at it myself!! I hope you find time to go back many time again, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, the inspiration photo and the sketch are just perfect together. Love the elements and your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout Val! The photo is so pretty and surrounded by all those fabulous embellishments really puts the icing on the cake! Love the beautiful butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! Your colour palette is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful layout, I love this !! Thank you for playing at SATW :)
    Lydie Denis

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful layout! Love the subtle background and those gorgeous papers! Great composition and perfectly embellished! Love it! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh My Gosh Val this is so pretty!!! I love how you've interpreted the mood board. Thank you so much for joining us at SATW xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE this Val! Thanks so much for playing at SATW!! Beautiful layout - love all the white space!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, this is stunning Val!! The photo is gorgeous and totally in harmony with your journaling. Love the minimalist look of this ... pure magic!!! Awesome!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  22. great... I love how you mixed colors...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a gorgeous page Val! You really got the styling and design so perfect....it's a beaut!
    The photo is amazing....and the journalling such a treat! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Val! this is just fabulous! even more so with your wonderful journaling. What else can I say that hasn't been said already, this is simply a gorgeous layout! xox

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a pretty photo and layout! Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete