Pages

Wednesday, 18 February 2015

CARDS

Hello Everyone!

Today I have two DT shares for you and both of them are cards. Now I have said  before that I am not much of a card maker :D and I really am not and I think I have made more cards in the last couple of months than I ever had and I am really enjoying them. Quick and easy and I get to use up stuff.

The first card is for Sketch # 2-1-8-15 over at Let's Scrap Sketches.


You have one week to create a card, layout, OTP project or anything you like as long as you use this sketch.

Here is my card.


I used the sketch to make a Valentines day card for Papa Si... He was blown away by it too.

Here are some close-ups.


I started with watercolour paper and added some strips of paper and washi tape and lace. The butterfly is fussy cut from some Tim Holtz tissue paper. I then gave the whole thing a thin layer of clear gesso, the a thin coast of Picket Fence Distress Paint. Then I gave it a watercolour wash just of interest.


The hearts were all cut out using my Silhouette machine. The big heart was then mounted onto cardboard to make it stiffer and given a coat of glue and red glitter. The little hearts were stamped onto cork and embossed with white embossing powder then fussy cut.
 

These flowers were originally pink and I sprayed them with a Heidi Swapp red mist to get them this colour.

This was such a quick card too. :D

The next card is my DT contribution to sketch #115 over at  Feeling Sketchy.

Another lovely sketch.


You have two weeks to play along with these challenges.

Here is my card.


I rotated the sketch and used my favourite EVER papers. The beautiful Coffee in the Arbour Collection by Maja Design. 


I used some petaloo flowers and some of these metal leaves that I found somewhere and kept for one day. The doily is die cut and the film strip is a chippie. 

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a message, I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!





xox
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Two very lovely cards, Val! You have created both with such detail, depth and dimension that I am amazed. I love the bit of water color background in the first, and I love the yummy background pattered paper in the second. Brilliant work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards!!! The layering on the first one is amazing and the colors on the second one are beautiful!! You are one talented lady!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I humbly beg to disagree, I officially now declare you a card maker. There! Done:):) and these just PROVE my point. They are beautiful ! Those hearts...the layers......the cluster is perfect up top! And the colours & cleverly adding that wood on the bottom ones. Works a treat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love your cards, they look amazing, so beautiful.. I reckon you have this card thing all under control!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Val! Love the shimmery butterfly and heart on the first and awesome blossom on the second! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your both cards are truly gorgoeus! I just love your designs on them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two stunning cards Val with lots to see. Love the butterfly and the big bold hearts and blooms on the first card vereeee much

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful cards Val. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! Love all the layers and the mix of materials!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness me Val, these are both just gorgeous, I am especially bowled over m=by the valentine, utterly beautiful with so many sweet details, I love it. Great sketch too, may have to have a go myself! Inspiring as always :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant job on the cards Val!! Go you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha!! Not a cardmaker you say???? Well, I beg to differ ... you are an awesome cardmaker!! Loooveee these, they are both so gorgeous!! Beautiful colour and fabulous designs!! Awesome!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow....fabulous cards Val! Both are just divine! I love the design on the second one...might need to steal that one! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anything with bling and I'm sold! that red heart is just to die for! not to mention the sweet butterfly. Love the second card too, who doesn't adore Maja?! Beautifully created! xoxo

    ReplyDelete