Pages

Saturday, 7 February 2015

I LOVE BOOKS

Hello Everyone.

Today I have my DT reveal for the new case file over at CSI ,so I hope that you will find some time to play along, these challenges really are a lot of fun. If you click on the link it will take you to the site. So time to pick up your forensic kits and get sleuthing.


All you have to do is use all of the colours that were taken from the photo. Use at least TWO of the prompts from the Evidence list and ONE from the Testimony and you are good to go.

This is my layout.


Here is how I solved the case.

Colours - They are all there.
Evidence - Polkadots, woodgrain, use alphabets as a design element, textured paper (gold).
Testimony -  Q & A prompt - What book are you reading now?

The quote on the layout says...

A book is the only place in which you can examine a fragile thought without breaking it, or explore an explosive idea without fear it will go off in your face. It is one of the few havens remaining where a man’s mind can get both provocation and privacy. Edward P. Morgan

My journalling on the back of the layout says.

This is exactly why I read and my choice of  books is as varied and as eclectic as my choice of music. At the moment I am reading Jonathan Kellermans' books - the Alex Delaware series, and I think that this is one of my favourite genres. I love a good psychological thriller. 
If I had my time over again I would love to have gone into a profession that would allow me to solve cases and explore the broken psyche of criminals, and those of the victims left behind. To learn how to make a positive change. To be able to put away the perpetrators and heal the damaged so they can live a reasonably normal life again.
I know just how fragile the mind is and just how easy it is to send someone over the edge. We are conditioned and brainwashed by so many influences from our parents, to our teachers and peers, the press and now social media that it is so easy to take the negative messages from it all and allow it to shape who we become. We are bombarded by death and torture and inhumane acts on the news and in the papers every single day and just when you think that there is nothing good about this world or people in it you get that one story that restores your faith in human kind again and it gives you hope that we can be good and kind and forgiving and live together in peace and harmony.
The truth is that I don't suppose we will ever know what makes people tick and how they think and what makes them good or bad, violent or a target. So I will continue to lose myself in the stories that I read whether I identify with the victor or the victim. I have found that I am able to understand myself better and I am able to articulate through the stories what I am not able to myself. As long as there are books I will be reading.

Here are some close ups.


I typed the quote directly onto the cardstock and added some gold and black splatters. I brought the red in by adding distress glitter to the little heart.


The taupe looks a little more orange here but it is like a kraft colour. Sometimes the different papers just don't photograph the same. I added a bit of gold to my colours just because I could and the little arrow triangles were cut from the gold paper. I brought the green in with the twirled stems of the flowers. 

I loved this case file. It all came together so easily for me and that doesn't happen very often.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!





xox
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Brilliant Val!!! Love it when you do CAS.... The words look fabulous & the little touch of red is such a nice contrast:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Val!! So minimalist and absolutely perfect!!! Wonderful take on the case. Know just where you're coming from with the books. I love to read too!! Gorgeous page!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely Vallie. I love how clean and balanced this LO is!
    And ah yes ... reading. Best form of escapism ever.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so Beautiful Val. Love the colours on the white background...the little red heart really pops.....love the quote.....loved reading your journaling. xx
    CSI truly have the most amazing challenges....I love seeing how everyone interprets them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing!!!!! I always love seeing your CSI creations!! I LOVE how you typed the quote on the page ~ WOW!!!! Just gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I am reading the first book (The Raven's Bride) in a very long time, Val, I just love this! Great detail and a perfect quote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful interpretation of the case file Val. I'm a crime/psychological book reader too. Great escapism. Your clean and simple lines, allow the quote to shine and it's an inspirational one. I'd love to know what font you used to type it with. Clever girl with the little touches of green and red and your journalling is thought provoking and insightful :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is perfect! I love how you have written the journaling! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is amazing.. I love the white space on your layout, love that quote typed out like that, fabulous take on the challenge.. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout. Love the white space!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...this is awesome. Is that you handwriting? Very pretty. I also love thrillers and a good murder mystery...love stories tend to bore me...I want to keep turning those pages xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful page and a very eye catching and stunning design! The photo is fabulous! Agree with your sentiment on books...they allow one to lose oneself in the characters, scenes and far off places!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete