Pages

Saturday, 28 February 2015

PROJECT LIFE

Hello Everyone!

I have another project life layout to share today.


These are photos from our break to Oaklands in the Midlands in January of this year, I took Simon there for his 60th birthday - so we could get away and just relax.

 I am not doing it week by week at this point, but rather using as a way to show more of my photos than I can on a normal layout.

Here are a couple of close ups.


The left hand side.


The right hand side.

I used water colour paper for this layout because I wanted to create a pattern on the papers with gold. I used Perfect Pearls mists with stencils, salt and a stamp. The patterns have come out quite pale but I still like them. I also used some bright green washi tape, ribbon, flowers and then I used some cork that I stamped and embossed white - an idea I got from Belinda Spencer. Works really well for me as we don't get a lot of project life stuff here so now I can custom make what I want.

My Journalling says 

I really enjoyed our time in this beautiful place surrounded by nature at it's very best. Peace and quite enabled us to really unwind. I loved waking up to this each day. The sisters made us feel so welcome and treated us like part of the family.

Oaklands is a little hotel in the heart of the midlands ans is used for polo tournaments so there are lots of horses, a donkey names Sophie, chickens, ducks and four huge great danes. Run by three sisters and a brother. A beautiful retreat.

Here a a couple more close ups.


For this card I used my chevron wheel through the mists to create the pattern up the side. I used a cork chevron to reinforce  the theme. The word is a rub on onto the washi tape.


I managed to find some bits a pieces that were the right colours for this layout.


Here is one of the journalling cards. The background is so subtle that it allowed me to write over it without being over powered.


Here you can see the cork embellishments stamped and embossed. I think they look pretty cool.


Some of the backgrounds were left plain.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!




xox
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. This is truly amazing Val! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your PL pages Val, they are always so beautiful and so interesting too. It's great to see so many photos on the one page (or, actually, two pages) and the colours and embellies used are just perfect. Love the little cork pieces!! This is fabulous!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Project Life is such a great way to capture a birthday retreat, Val, and your work here is exceptional. You perfectly caught snippets of the weekend with your camera and embellished them with your great narrative. By the way, I love that wine element! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, such gorgeous pictures, Val!! And I LOVE the bright green you chose to use!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a magnificent spot Val....So peaceful, quiet, relaxing and beautiful.
    Love what you have created here, so many wonderful photos and memories captured, documented. embellished and journaled. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning spread val - I love how beautifully colour co-ordinated it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I'm so glad you have shown some of them closeup - I can see them much better!! I love how you've kept the bg cards mostly the same & used those lovely bright green pops of colour, it goes sooo beautifully with the 'nature' photos:) LOVELY job Val - & I think this is a great way to 'do' PL:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the great little details!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a glorious place - it seems so serene and peaceful. The pale green is perfect for the fresh grasses and the rural theme. I'm still resisting PL, but you make it look like a worth while thing to venture into :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome spread and really love the styling....you do PL very well! Awesome! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh! WHAT a place to visit! beeeautiful photos, a splendid PL my word! xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks lovely! Love how you have limited your colours to keep everything looking uniform

    ReplyDelete