Pages

Sunday, 1 March 2015

EXCITING TIMES!

Hello Everyone!
Most of you will know by now that I am partnered up with Cathy van de Bruinhorst running two blogs. The first one Let's Scrap Sketches is a layout sketch challenge blog that runs bi-weekly challenges and the other one Feeling Sketchy is a card sketch challenge blog that also runs bi-weekly challenges.
These are both new to us and we have made some changes in the hopes that we will encourage more people, of all levels, to play along.
The exciting news is that Let's Scrap Sketches has a NEW LOOK, a NEW FORMAT and a NEW DESIGN TEAM and we launched this morning and I would love for you to take a look.
Here is the new sketch - created for us by the very talented Michelle van Wyk.

Sketch 3-1-15

Here is my layout based on this sketch.


My journalling (on the tags) says:

Spence - sometimes I swear you are part mountain goat, I don't think I have ever met a child that likes to climb as much as you do. Up and down, over and under whatever gets in your way. With some things you are so cautious but when it comes to climbing you are completely fearless. God help me now that you are starting to walk. My house is a climbers dream and I find it so hard to let you find your way when every fibre of my being is wanting to scream NO! STOP! BE CAREFUL! We must climb up and down the stairs, on and off the chairs at least a dozen times a day. AND there are two of you to watch. No wonder I am going grey so fast. The good think is my fitness levels are going up and I am learning to breathe :D I know there are going to be bumps and bruises but I really would prefer them not to be on my watch.
I do love you so.
Grandma
<3

Here are some close-ups


I used a white background so that these gorgeous colours would pop. The stars are die cut from cardstock and I put some of them through my corrugator. 


The chipboard circle was covered in gesso then embossed with LSG embossing power in a turquoise and green. It has a lovely shimmer to it. The little banners were cut out of cardstock and the border is a punch.



The letters are "It's as easy as 1,2,3" chip board in gold.
I used lots of stars for my little stars and I had a lot of fun making this layout it was a very easy sketch to work with and I kind of kept true to it... well sort of.
Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a message, I really appreciate it.
Till next time - Happy Scrapping!
xox
Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. Love your layout Val!!! Those two are just too precious and I love seeing them grow up thru your layouts... amazing layouts!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sketch and your page is beautiful. I smile at how our 2pagers are always neat and clean lines where we can get "messy" with singles. Love your journaling...both my youngest grandsons are climbers and they insist on always being together. My garden is paradise for them at the moment and I have had some heart stopping moments when they ventured into the treehouse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those stars.....the photos sooo tell the story, too:):) I hope your changes work well....there are SOOO many challenges around, Val, it's hard, I reckon!!! Good luck with it all. Including chasing your Mountain Goat around, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page Val, love the shades of blues and greens together and you've made me remember my corrugator, must dig that out again, I forgot how much I like that effect. My my you are a very busy lady, I don't know how you do it. This is another great sketch and I will try and squeeze in some time to play along this time. I always feel inspired by your cards as well, just never enough time to play! :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two little bundles of energy and poor old Grandma has to try and keep up!! I so envy you. Scary as it may be sometimes, it is sooooo much fun looking after littlies. Mine are pretty much grown up now but I still remember what it was like although I only had one at a time!! (Thank goodness!! LOL!!) Loovee this page Val, fabulous take on the sketch and I wish you luck with the awesome new look challenge blog. Fabulous work!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your page...Boys are so busy! I love the way his sister just sits and watches him! Good luck with both on line ventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you did the pictures and I just love all the stars on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE what you've done with the sketch!! Saved this for later :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great sketch and lovely colours for these two little explorers. I smile when I read your words, because I understand how taxing it can be to need eyes in the back of your head. They learn best, by not being cautioned too much, but you know that, I'm sure. It's lovely to watch them as they grow and learn. Their mission in life is to explore, attempt all manner of hair raising things and hopefully still be unscathed when the parents come to collect them. The best of British!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love! You never fail to amaze me, no matter what genre you are using!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are Cathy are doing a sterling job! Way to go Val! ;-) A super take on the sketch and the little photo's are perfect...as they certainly tell a little story on their own! LOL...
    Boys are soooo different from little girls and are certainly more adventurous...so yes, boys are bound to get a few more bruises and scrapes! But as you say...it's all part of the learning curve...even if we want to spare them!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaahhh Val! just LOVE this! that's one fab sketch and your take on it is such a good one. Always love reading your journalling, like Helen's yours are little stories to be chuckled at. Always admire scrappers who do two-pagers, simply cannot make them myself. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw this on the Let's Scrap site, Val, and made me a bit sad that I have abandoned scrapbooking for the last few years. The reason I did was not for lack of loving it, but for lack of photos. I want to tell you that I have so loved watching the twins "grow" through your layouts. Your albums--and, of course, your journaling--will only increase in value as they grow! Mwah! Kay

    ReplyDelete
  14. Val, another absolutely AMAZING layout! I LOVEEEEEEE the colors! And the way you did the stars - WOW - pinning those!!! This layout is so eye-catching and beautiful!! And those little ones are darling! Hope to have time to play along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the double page! Gorgeous, I am not one to do doubles, you have pulled it off magnificently for sure :) The site looks fantastic.

    He is going to really keep you on your toes Grandma ;)

    Paula <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this!!! So excited to be a part of Let's Scrap too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a FUN layout, Val...LOVE the colors, the photos and the journalling!!! Thanks for letting me a part of the Team...I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats Val! Exciting times for sure! Your layouts are darling! Such cute photos! Love all the stars and blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous Val! Love the sketch and what you've done with it. Those two are going to keep you on your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello madam Val!!!! Lovely layout. Those little babies are too cute and I know easy to scrap with. Love it. Lovies

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous! of course :) you really rocked this out of the park! helps that your subjects are two of the most adorable creatures on earth...but the bright colours and stars and papers help too! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahaha I also had a climber, am starting to get to her photos now..... she is now a high level gymnast! My son never needed to climb out of prams, hed just pull and push until they broke! Such a gorgeous layout ad well told story! So excited to be on the team at Lets Scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the pops of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Not sure where to start as I love everything about this page. One that it is a boy page as I finally got a grandson so loving be inspired for boy pages. Two blue and green are my favorite colors together and I love all the cool embellishments. Oh and not to forget the wonderful journaling which is something I am trying to work on. So looking forward to be on the Let's Scrap team with you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats Val! Welcome to the behind the scenes club!! It's an enchanting world!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely layout! Love the scattered stars!!

    ReplyDelete