Pages

Tuesday, 17 March 2015

SHOOT FOR THE MOON!

Hello Everyone!
I have my card for the new sketch #117 over at Feeling Sketchy.
The sponsor for this sketch is Dr Digi's House of Stamps and you can check out the full range of their fun stamps HERE.

I chose to work with this stamp.


Here is the sketch.

this is the card I created.


I hardly ever make masculine cards let alone boys cards and now I have Spencer to think of it is as good a time as any to get started.

I had such fun with this one too. I used black cardstock for the sky and I cut two big circles in the yellow for the moon and punched some random circles out of it then layered them up. I used my PL die to cut out all the stars then stuck them to the night sky. Some stars have glitter on some of them for a bit of sparkle.

The quote was typed onto white cardstock and cut into strips. It says: 
Shoot for the moon and even if you miss you'll land among the stars.

The rest is on the inside of the card.

Here are some closeups.


I added some flames coming out from the bottom of the rocket and coloured the whole thing in using my neo-pen watercolours. I also added some gold on the strips and then studded it with bling. I raised the rocket on the card with foam tape.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Stamping!




xox
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. What a super cute card.....the black bg really sets off the 'scene'....love your colouring in, too Val!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute...love it...and I am sure Spence is going to love all the cards his Gran is going to make him in coming years xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING card! LOVE the moon and the stars. And that rocket ship is FABULOUS!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful card,Val! Love the starry night background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card Val, love the way you've done the moon, may pinch that idea for an art journal page :o) Those two little sweeties of yours are going to inspire you in so many ways aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Val - this is fantastic! I love the holey moon and the stunning rocket. A winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for a little boy's card - Hmmmm...I think some of my big boys would like it too. It really pops on the night sky with the flame trailing and the stars. It's a corker!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a similar stamp from BoBunny which is about 6 years old! I love your moon, looks like cheese! As for my latest stamp and stencil haul...RSE should have in JHB...or maybe they sold out at HobbyX? I am still after the flourish stencil, that was not available.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really a cool card Val! I love the rocket ship and stars....perfectly gorgeous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific cards Valerie! What a fun rocketship!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE that shoot for the moon card, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card Val! Loving all the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card! It looks so effective it's better than the sample one!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is so cool! Love how you've created the moon & the colouring on the rocket looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete