Pages

Friday, 6 March 2015

MARCH TAG

Hello Everyone!
I have my March tag for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags for 2015... I am so glad that I decided to play along with these. They are so freeing for me I love the fact that I get to just play and try different things out.
Here is Tim's tag and if you click on the link above it will take you to his site and the tutorial for making this tag. 

Here is my version of it.


I didn't have all the colours that he used.. the new ones haven't arrived yet but I have ordered them :D I decided to go for autumn colours and used Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive and Barn Door and a little bit of Tarnished Brass for shimmer.

I also don't have any of his tissue tape... I am now on a mission to find it. I used normal washi tape. The problem is that the paint didn't stick to it... so I dried it off then sanded where the tape was and redid those areas and that worked a bit better... I changed my embellishments a bit too as I didn't have the same ones he used. 

These tags are fast becoming faves for me.

Here are some close ups.


I loved the gesso with the embossing powder but I got too impatient to wait for the gesso to dry before using the heat gun :P


I used some gears and put red bling in the one and used red wire to wrap around the key and the flower at the top just for more colour.


On this one you can see all the lovely texture...

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!
xox
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS Val. Love the texture and especially love how you used the key for the Butterflies body
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...lovely work Val...such great textures and colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done mine, but must still photograph it and blog about it...not too happy with mine as I feel the stencil I used is a little heavy...Love yours though and the red pops on it work wonderfully. You don't have to use all the same stuff as Tim, just what you have got. I have the real tape and it also rejected the paint! Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the wire wrapping!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, Val, absolutely stunning! I love how you used the key (and red wire) for the butterfly's body! Genius. I ended up liking your tag better than Tim's for that reason, as well as I like the autumn color palette better. Note to self: Buy gold embossing powder! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowsers Val - these are a knockout!!!. When you play, you create some wonderful Art. I still haven't got my act together since the wedding, but I will get to play some time soon (I hope) Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag Val! Love all the texture and gorgeous butterfly! Great take on Tim's tag! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Val the fact you don't have all of his elements matters naught! Your tag is off the chain and stands on its own fabulously. Great job here, glad you're having fun :)

    Paula xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your color choices on the tag! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking totally DELISH! I've done mine & like u, don't have all the stuff ( it's not blogged yet!) ... But I just splashed out & got tissue tape! LOOOVE your butterfly & metal bits..... I think it's a great TT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS!! Love how you used the key!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh YUM that looks like lots of fun to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the texture and colouring! So stunning! ;-)

    ReplyDelete