Pages

Monday, 23 March 2015

INTERNATIONAL SCRAPBOOKING DAY

Hello Everyone!
As you know March 4th is International Scrapbooking Day. It really is a day and so over at Let's Scrap Sketches and Feeling Sketchy we decided to run a month long challenge. 
Now this is not to be confused with
National Scrapbooking Day in May. This is InterNational Scrapbooking Day... so why not
another holiday celebrating something we all love to do!

So this is how it is going to work.... It will be a month long challenge, BUT the twist is, it is going to run on TWO sites and you have to play along with BOTH sites to be entered to win a prize (be sure to inlinkz the correct layout/card to the correct blog)... There is a card sketch posted on Feeling Sketchy (you don't have to do it up as a card, do a layout if you want!!) and then there is a double page sketch here on Let's Scrap Sketches... (you can do it as a single or double page or even a card if you want!!). Everyone, including our Design Teams, are eligible to play along with these challenges.... SO we hope to see a lot of people playing along with both sketches... ;0)

The sponsor for this challenge for Feeling Sketchy is...


Here is the sketch.

Here is my card.


The sponsor for Let's Scrap Sketches is...


Here is the sketch.

Here is my layout.
Ok so I can here you all saying that looks nothing like the sketch :D but hear me out ok.
I did used the banners on the left hand side and I had more photos to used so I did take some artistic liberties I will admit and I have a block instead of three down and my main photo was going the wrong way so instead of using the banners on the right hand side I used these fussy cut flowers instead. I also wanted to used a mat to tie it all together and it looked wrong so I also added a punched border. Then I thought it needed some tags so I added them too... 
NOW can see the resemblance? NO? pfffft.
My journalling (on the back of the layout) says....
I hate to see either of you cry - but you do despite my best efforts to make sure you have nothing to cry about. That is just life I guess - we all need to cry sometimes and sometimes for no rhyme or reason either. Having said that I am so glad that I had my camera close by on this day and that I managed to snap these pics of you howling up a storm and all because you wanted me to pick you up and I did.... eventually. You are such a drama queen Paigie, I wonder who you get that from? It works too because looking back at these photos and the complete look of sadness on your face is just heartbreaking and I wonder how I could have taken photos of it. Yet I did.
Your facial expressions are a constant source of delight to me and I wish I could capture them all. You have one of the most expressive faces I have ever seen, and you have no idea how much I love you.
Here are some close ups.

I used some dry wall tape and added some bling to the banners.

I covered the chipboard with a coat of gesso then a layer of Distress paint which I flicked with water to get a distressed effect and then I sanded them and inked the edges and finally added some dimension glaze.
I fussy cut the flower border and added a few lines that says.
 You know what you want, and you know just how to get it.
Will you just look at that face :D

The flowers are from Petaloo and they are so cool, I added a little coral into the centers just for a bit of colour.
Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it.
I hope you will find some time to come and play along with us.
Till next time - Happy Scrapping!
xox
Photobucket

27 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and layout. Paigie is growing up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and totally adore your double page. I love the photos of Paige...you captured her expressions perfectly. I can also imagine the hugs and cuddles when you eventually picked her up :-). I actually made a page based on the previous sketch this weekend..must still share it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had no idea there was a national and international day for Scrapbooking...love these photos, I have some of Luke too. It makes it real. Not every moment in life is all smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I reckon they most deffo look like the sketches.... They do to me anyways!!!! Loving that coral colour - & the flowers cheer up the crying page. I must admit, crying babes have always fascinated me.... !!!! Time has run out for me this month... Hoping to play along next month. Thank GOODNESS for 'next month '!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a cause to celebrate, Val, and you have offered up two festive projects, both of which I adore--especially that adorable grandson layout! But, credit must be given, as well, to your card, just bursting with color and design! Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Val, this is just gorgeous! LOVE the title, perfect with the pictures!! The colors, the pp and the flowers are all amazing!!! WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute Val! Love all the photos and beautiful blossoms! Those butterflies are so sweet fluttering about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh bless her!!! That's a really handy life skill - being able to cry and look cute at the same time! :o) Wonderful page Val, I love the fresh colour scheme and the way you've coloured your title alphas has worked so well. Great card too. I love both these sketches and will do my best to make some time this week - is the closing date 31st March?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh man. This is soo cute. I agree with the crying totally. I also think it is great to have "unhappy" photos sometimes. We not always happy anyway. LOVE the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and layouts Val!!! The pics are adorable too....I sometimes snapped pics of mine like that when they were little, now my youngest says why would you take a pic of me crying? I tell her she was cute no matter what she was doing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and layouts Val!!! The pics are adorable too....I sometimes snapped pics of mine like that when they were little, now my youngest says why would you take a pic of me crying? I tell her she was cute no matter what she was doing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card and layout. I can definitely see the sketch in your layout. Great paper colors to bring out the colors in his shirt. Also such a fun title for your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card Val and you have captured your gorgeous twins so beautifully .. they will have a great laugh when they are older .... great colors and design ... beautiful work Val xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Waoaaaa. that face! Drama but just got to love him! He'll appreciate your work when he grows up! :)
    And wonderful card, I love that sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card & I am just so happy to see you scrapping about something so real! This will be cause for a good laugh in years to come & is just too cool!! Great interpretation of the sketch too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the elegant card and the double layout of your little Princess having a tante. I see a glimpse of the sketch in there, well more than a glimpse. Nice to know you have your priorities right. Photos before cuddles always :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. National Scrapbooking Day? international Scrapbooking Day? I think we should just declare every day a scrappy day! This is fabulous! Great to record the not-so-fun bits as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A gorgeous card! I love that trail of blooms down the left hand side. The double pages is gorgeous too....and the photo so precious! I love the colours of this collection and the super little details! 2 cracker projects! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hehehe, such a wonderful layout of your cutie! The face expressios are priceless, they will laugh about it later ;-) , good luck with the challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both are gorgeous. I admire the fussy cutty, I'm far too lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a fabulous layout!!! I love these papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous card . Such pretty colours and I really like the distress work around the edges of the paper ~ Michelle FS DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is stunning Val, I love the colours!! Oh my, what a wonderful layout!! Naughty Grandma taking pictures while her little heart was breaking. LOL!! She does have the cutest and most expressive little face, absolutely adorable!! Love, love, love this page!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card with gorgeous colours! And your double layout is just WOW...again, gorgeous colours with such pretty embellishments...love your amazing journaling too - those photos are just priceless....can't help but have a little giggle, even though the poor little thing was crying her heart out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both, card and layout, are beautiful ! thanks for entering at Feeling Sketchy Val !

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful Beautiful Design Val...love the adorable twins...just love it alll...xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic projects Val! The card is beautiful! Love all the blossoms! The layout is darling! Such precious photos!

    ReplyDelete