Pages

Sunday, 15 March 2015

OWL ALWAYS LOVE YOU

Hello Everyone!

Today I have a layout for the new sketch that is up at Let's Scrap Sketches and it is such a fabulous sketch too.
The sponsor for this sketch is.


You can view all their files and stamps HERE and they gave us the choice of a stamp to work with. I chose this one.


This is the layout I created.


Yep you guessed it... featuring my little yummies again.

My journalling (on the back) says:

After you finish every meal you get a treat - I blow bubbles for you and you are just mesmerized by them. I have done this ever since your first solid food and your eyes sparkle when you see the little bottle come out and the bubbles started to float around  Now that you are a bit bigger it is fun for you to try and catch them and when they land on your head or arms you squeal with delight, and if you manage to catch on in your hands the flash of wonder and then disappointment on your faces is just so funny - like what the hell happened there?. It is very hard to blow the bubbles and get the camera in position to take a pic before they all disappear. I haven't quite mastered that one yet, but they say practice makes perfect. I am not sure who gets the most enjoyment out of this little ritual of ours and I don't think I would put money on it either :)
I love this series of photos because the first one you are watching me as I get the bottle out and undone... the next few show your faces as you watch the bubbles float around and the last one is because there a NO MORE BUBBLES!
Thank you both for being a constant delight in my life. I will always love you <3

Here are some close ups.


I printed the owl image onto the beige card stock and used my neo-pens to colour it in with a watercolour brush to match the colours from these gorgeous papers from Crate Paper. It was then mounted onto the green and I added the punched border down the side. I did change the design a little here because my other photo looked better overlapped with the owl and then I decided to add the triangles down the side.


I fussy cut a couple of the little owls from the one paper and added them to the border I created. The flowers and the little flair were added at the end.


The banner was cut from strips of all the papers used and the tags were made to balance this side of the layout. The punched border is a Martha Stewart punch.


I used a stamp here as well because it is just how I feel when I am with them. I added another little owl to the top of the stamped bored too and then I added a few little blings.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!




xox
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. great page Val Stunning as always xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page Val...love how well you balanced both sides. The last photo is priceless xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and the owl is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are SO sweet! Like a little slide show :) Beautiful spread, it looks a little like PL on 12x12. Great way to scrap !

    ReplyDelete
  5. So precious Val! What sweet photos! Great mix of fun patterned papers and the cute owl! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and Adorable, Val! Love the papers and that owl. the title is perfect too. I just LOVE it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable Val. I love a good double - the perfect way to display this photo journalism style with multiple images. The colours are beautiful and your story is a delight. Nothing beats the exquisite joy Grandchildren exude when Granny begins one of their favourite rituals!!! LOVE it :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet ritual you have...how precious!!! Your photos are gorgeous and the page pure delight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute and lots of lovely photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful page Val, I love the sketch and how clever of you to colour the little owl to match your papers, the whole thing looks really brilliant :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these colors, especially with the brown ink you added. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the color combo with the black & white pics!!! They are some cute babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a soft pretty babies page.....love the details like the little 'flags' & the colour of the photos looks great, too. And the story is wonderful. Lucas and I are into the bubble blowing atm, it's FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWZERS! of course...love it all, the papers and colours and th use of the digi-stamp...you rocked this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great double pager and the photo's so very precious! Love your styling and design! Little kids just love bubbles and even Joe is now 7...he still loves them and never gets bored by pulling out his bubble bottle and sticks! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can I just say this page has stole my heart! I love the pictures and your amazing journaling. Then on top of it I love owls as my mom collected them and they always make me think of her. Every inch of your pages have something fun to look at. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely delightful, Val! I cannot believe how quickly the twins are growing. Great use of that sweet owl image, and I love your play on words here! Bravo, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can you say ADORABLE!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH My gosh! Such a beautiful double page! Love it from the bottom to the top!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautifully done Val. I love your fine outlines on everything & your gorgeous sepia photos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful layout & just love the story behind it. Always love to read your fabulous stories in your journaling!

    ReplyDelete