Pages

Wednesday, 8 April 2015

TRAVEL

Hello Everyone!

Today I am sharing my Design Team layout for CSI case file #160. You can find out how to play along HERE and find out who our fabulous sponsors are too and the awesome prizes that are up for grabs.

Here is the case file - so time to pick up your forensic kits and get down to some serious sleuthing.


This case file also comes with a wonderful sketch from Em Stafrace over at The Nifty Pixel.


Here is my take on the case file.


Here is how I solved the case.

Scheme - the colours are all there.
Evidence - map print, travel elements, textured paper, flowers, metal, stamps.
Testimony - Journal about a trip.

The quote on the photo says:
Travel and a change of place impart new vigour to the mind.

My journalling (on the back of the layout) says:

Travel is my drug of choice.
If I haven't travelled for a while I find myself needing a travel fix. Travel comes in all shapes and sizes. It can be a short trip across the country for a long weekend, a weeks vacation in the mountains or at the sea, or a longer and more extensive holiday travelling overseas. It calls to me with a physical hunger. A restlessness sets in and I become agitated, I need to get up and go, see and explore new places, meet new people and try new food.
 
But when I travel too often, I need a break - a quick time-out and a chance to relax and re-group.

Travelling lets me know there's a wider world out there. If I've become too comfortable in my own neighbourhood, it calls to the spirit of adventure that lies buried within me. It is unknown, not always predictable. It challenges, pushing further each time. It teaches me that we are all the same and yet all different, it makes me humble and tolerant. It has expanded my horizons more than anything else I have ever done.

Travelling lets me leave stress behind, lets me run away, escape, explore and disappear into an environment far removed from home. It lets me temporarily forget and it refuels creativity and imagination. It also reminds that what I have is not so different to what is out there, and that I still have lots to be grateful for.

Most of all travelling is fun because if it wasn't, why would I keep going back for more. I love the unpredictability of travel, the not knowing what I will discover around the next corner. It has taught me that I don't need to be in control of everything to be ok.

Most of all travelling has made me a story teller. It is an ice breaker and a conversation starter. I have spent many happy hours reliving past trips, and inspiring others into wanting to travel.

That time has come again and so I have planned a spectacular trip that will last three months and take me to eleven countries, I will travel thousands and thousands of kilometers, take hundreds of photos, consume kilograms of food and liters of drink and I will come back richer and wiser with more tales to tell all because travel is my drug.

Here are some close ups.


I kept this layout clean and used the map paper as my starting point. I chose to add a bit of the corrugated card to highlight the colour in the photos and the map paper.. The tickets were cut with a Tim Holtz ticket die and then stamped with the stamp quotes. The flowers were made also using a TH die.


I cut the title on my Silhouette machine and then highlighted it with a white gel pen... I also added the camera flair because of the travel theme. The photos are of Lismore Castle in Ireland and I am looking forward to going back there again with my DH this time :D

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!






xox
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Val, I love your take on the board!! Fabulous photos and I love your handmade flowers ... they are fabulous!! You'll have to show us how you do them, they look fantastic!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is quite remarkable. This is one of your works when the art-to-journaling ratio is 50/50, and that's just perfect. I, too, suffer from wanderlust, so I "get" your journaling 100%! Love how you took a great sketch and claimed it for your own with only touches you would think to add! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always astounds me that we all can create such DIFFERENT pages with the same case file! I ADORE the texture with that corrugated board here.....LOOOOVE that big pic & how you've interpreted Em's sketch & those little clusters? Perfection..... hey you! You forgot to mention how THIS time, the travel will have its down-side in the shape of not seeing those grand babies for a few months!!!! Apart from that, I imagine it will beyond sensational & I am green with envy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is beautiful, Val! I love how you've used the larger & smaller photos overlapped & the added tags & diecut flowers are the perfect finishing touch...love this colour combo too. Looks like I missed out on a spectacular castle...we didn't venture into Waterford, at all - such a shame. Enjoy your next trip with hubby :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page, gorgeous pictures!!! LOVE the clean lines and the papers you used!! And your clusters of flowers and embellishments are amazing!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing Val, love the travel paper and our take on the sketch looks wonderful.. your journalling is fantastic, and the photos look like interesting places.. I really have not traveled much in my life, but if there is time, I hope to one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Val, what a gorgoeus piece <3 Your clusters are perfect! Love the pics, as always just beautiful. Your such an awesome journaler :)

    Paula xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not traveled since my son was born...not overseas anyway...I love the flowers you made for this. Thanks for the compliment on my tag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful travel page Val. I love all the white space and how you used the colours. I can only imagine the photos that you'll be able to add to your collection by the end of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a travel junkie too Val. I LOVE this layout! The colours and design are perfect for the pic. Can't wait to see where you're going on your next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Val! Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog :) Been away for a week so it was so nice to come back to them! Love your take on that sketch & great balance & elements you have too. traveling would be my drug of choice if I could afford it too. ANY type of traveling I LOVE even if it is just catching the greyhound to visit the kids at uni! It's always fun being away from your usual surroundings!! Wanted also to let you know I've got hold of some Niji shimmering watercolours by Yasutomo - better than twinkling h2os & only R120 for a set of 16!! If you want me to reserve one for you let me know. They are winging it in from the US at the moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OO my my....its a treat to the eyes...i am speechless seeing this super stunning creation...I just adore your style...its awesomee...and I love travelll....WOW...xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous layout Val! Beautiful photos surrounded by stunning flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. loving this Val, sensational as always, you have solved this case with class x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I saw your layout already on facebook, love it ! Wish I had the balls to travel, but I cant . When I went to Paris for 3 days I had to fight against the tears already. Homesick.... Me and my big mouth :) I want to thank you for so many times visiting my blog and leave a comment. Blogsvisits get rear with instagram and facebook. I am quilty too, I do not visit a lot of blogs unless I have to. It is just too much social media, I sometimes feel I am drawning in it. Anyhow: stay calm with the marriage things. I was always sad my children do not marry with partys and stuff. But perhaps it is better, I would not do all their stuff I just want to show up in a nice dress , pink a tear away like in the movies and thats it :) Have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful large photo...great take on Em's sketch. I LOVE your story telling abilities...and wish I can stow away in your suitcase because you are going to have such an awesome experience xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning layout...I love the large photo. Your story telling abilities always draws me in. Wish I can stow away in your suitcase because I know that you are going to have such an awesome time of travelling.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a stunning page Val, great take on the sketch, fabulous photos and those flowers are really gorgeous - have fun on your travels and maybe we will get to meet up when you come to the UK :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Val! Stunning layout! Those photos are incredibly beautiful! Love the pretty blossoms! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Travel is also my regular option! Thanks for a nice arrangement!
    Soviet union

    ReplyDelete
  21. An absolutely stunning layout Val . Hope you are enjoying your trip.

    ReplyDelete