Pages

Sunday, 18 October 2015

I AM BACK

Hello Everyone!
I has been six months and ten days since my last post :/ It has been a chaotic couple of years I tell you. 
We are back from the most amazing three month European holiday - I have just had all my thousands of photos recovered and I am now sorting through them all and hope to be scrapping them all soon. I have not had time to do anything creative since before the wedding in May and I am not even sure I know how anymore.
I though maybe I would enter a couple of challenges to ease back into it and I have a couple of other projects to show you too. So kick back, have a cup of coffee and spend a little time with me.
The first project is for Let's Scrap Sketches and it is a card I made for World Cardmaking day.
The inspiration for this challenge was a colour board rather than a sketch, and I love these colours. 

Here is the card I created for it.


I used stuff from my stash and the butterfly is from some Tim Holtz tissue paper. I fussy cut it, glued it down and then painted it. The flowers are Prima and Petaloo, and the colours were perfect. The doily was white and I inked it with TH distress inks and a sponge tool.

The second one I created is for Feeling Sketchy and is also for World Cardmaking Day.

Again we have a colour board rather than a sketch.


Here is my take on the mood board.


I just got the Tim Holtz bird stamp set and I just love it, and of course I just had to use it. The card was made with watercolour paper and distress inks. The leaves were some I had in my stash and the colours were perfect. I stamped the bird on watercolour paper, painted it and then fussy cut it and adhered it to the card with foam take. The sentiment was then stamped on. 

Before I went over seas I managed to squeeze in one last tag for the 12 Tags of 2015.
Here was his take and tutorial on the tags.


Here is my version of it.


I love these tags and I am going to try and catch up once things get back on track.

I also did a layout for my daughters engagement before I left. I just love these papers and I love the vintage feel of it which was perfect with the photos from her engagement shoot.


And, then finally I want to show you the layout I created and taught at the Charity Scrap Event down in Cape Town in June.


I used beautiful Maja Design papers for this and the photos are also from Storm and Lloyds engagement shoot. I had a strict budget for this layout so I used straws for the stems of the flowers which are just circles punched and layered up. The side bits are flaps that open up to reveal journalling and more photos. This is also for Storm and I will allow her to add her own journalling for this one.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and thank you for taking the time to leave a message. It really means a lot.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!



xox
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Welcome back Val. Such a stunning array of creations here. Especially love the double page layout.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you back safe & sound a Val. I followed your travel pics with a very green eye & now I can't wait to see what you do with all those amazing photos. You certainly haven't lost your touch! These projects are fantastically beautiful & a great way to ease back into your creativeness. The colours are truly beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Val! It's great to see you back.
    What lovely projects. I love the double lay-out and the idea of using straws. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SNORT! Don't know how to do it? Maaaaan......I think the break did you a service. These are ALL amazagobs..... dunno where to start. Love your cards - ADORE that bird set...especially the butterfly one..... good on you with the 12 tags. Your interpretation is BRILL.....good luck with the rest! As for your LOs...well.....DIVINE..... glad you're back. And that the holiday was as fantastic as could be :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Val...you were missed!!!

    Each and every one of your projects are gorgeous....and you have THAT stamp and die set (crazy birds)....I love them! Your layouts of Storm's engagement shoot is beyond gorgeous. I can't believe what you achieved on a budget for your charity class. Where do you buy your Maja Designs papers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Val! What an amazing collection of projects! Love your attention to detail! Great mix of pretty papers, flowers and all the doo dads! So much eye candy to admire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Val, you definitely haven't lost it - your creativity is bursting out all over the place!! These are all just gorgeous, I can't pick a favourite, love them all. I'm so glad you had a great time but I'm glad to see you back :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's baaaaack - yippee! So good to see you creating again Val. Love the coloured tissue butterfly on the first card and the vibrant water colour look on the crazy bird card. Your interpretation of the Tim Holtz tag is beautifully simple. My absolute fave is the single layout of Storm's engagement, so tender and romantic. Clever girl to make a low budget double too. I may just have to scrap jack that. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have missed you too my friend {{{hugs}}} Each pic you shared made me smile, what a wonderful journey and you and your hubby seemed to have a magical time! if you ever find yourself in traveling to California please holler!

    The cards are so beautiful, you haven't lost your touch! What a gorgeous double lo of Storm and Lloyd!

    I'm so glad your back <3 I'm sure your little dumplings are happy to have their grandma back too!

    Paula xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey girlfriend...it seems like you have been away an age!!!! So glad to see you back and nice to catch up with some crafty goodness and some news! You must be wading in photo's and I can just image that you probably don't know which one to use first! ;-) I am so pleased you had a good holiday and were able to travel and see beautiful places! You really are such a lucky lady! ;-)
    I certainly don't think you have forgotten how to create...your cards and tags are just amazing and I simply love them all! So beautiful, so styled and so gorgeous!
    Super page from Storms engagement and a gorgeous double pager for the charity event!
    I can't wait to see what you will share next....have really missed seeing your posts and reading your lovely words! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, each of these is so gorgeous!! You have certainly not lost a thing!! Glad you had such a wonderful trip. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my - you haven't lost your touch at all! I adore the card with the bird and the leaves! I hope your trip was truly amazing and that we get to see lots of pics soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back Val .. we missed you!! So glad you had a fantastic holiday and thoroughly enjoyed the photo tour on fb. Well, you certainly haven't lost your creative touch .. all of these are just gorgeous!! Loooveee the cards, especially the one with the crazy bird .. such great stamps!! Your layouts are stunning and your tag is a brilliant take on Tim's. All in all, a fantastic return post!! Looking forward to seeing some of those wonderful photos on your scrap pages!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work Val!!! They are too incredible to mail to anyone! Love it all!! So glad you are back and so glad you are creating your inspirational work again girlie!!!

    xoxo
    Cathy
    Let's Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh Val as always. I am in love with your work. It is all amazingly stunning!!!! You do inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow you have been busy .. loving all the designs and color splash ... beautiful work Val and welcome back xoox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome back Val... Missed your stunning work!!
    Gorgeous blog post, so much beauty to look at!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. welcome back Val and thanks so much for all the lovely messages on my blog posts. It's much appreciated.
    Love all these creations - they are stunning. All the best getting back into the swing of things again ;) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!! ALL these are absolutely gorgeous!!! WOW WOW WOW!! So happy to see you back!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful that you are back . I am looking forward to "seeing" your holiday! So much for the easing into things... so many lovely things to see . The engagement layout is one of your best ever I love the softness and romance of it .

    ReplyDelete
  21. HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM DR PURVA PIUS LOAN FINANCE (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    Hello Everybody, My name is.Mrs.Juliet Quin. I live in Canada and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $ 54,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $ 54,000.00 Canada Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs.Juliet Quin that refer you to him. Contact Dr Purva Pius via email: reply to email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete