Pages

Saturday, 28 November 2015

CSI CASE FILE #183 - ICE CREAM

Hello Everyone!

Time for a new case file over at CSI and this weeks one is very challenging - so time to pick up your forensic kits and let's get sleuthing.

Here is the case file.


All you have to do is follow the clues and crack the case.

I used this sketch from Becky Fleck over at Pagemaps.


AND... here is my take on the challenge.


This is how I solved the case.

Scheme - I have used all of the colours.
Evidence - I really struggled with this one this week but I got -
Stripes, metal, grid design and the little ones in the pics are my people icons ;)
Testimony - Document a hobby, pastime or diversion.

The quote on the front says -
My life isn't perfect but it does have perfect moments.

My journalling is inside the little file with the photo popping out and it says -
Photography is my hobby, pastime and diversion and I am obsessed with photos of you two. How lucky am I to get to spend so much time with you. I think that already I have more photos than I could hope to scrap in two lifetimes and yet I am compelled to keep snapping away. Clean ones, dirty ones, clothed ones and naked ones, awake ones and asleep ones and still it is not enough. I get so much joy in watching you explore your ever expanding world. The delight you get in seeing and trying new things. How excited you get when you see me and how much you are teaching me. Life is too short to worry about what others think and way to short to keep clean. 
How to eat an ice cream for instance.
Take all of your clothes off, find someones lap to sit on.  Take the biggest and chocolatiest one you can find and eat it with your whole body, savouring each mouthful. Once you are done and you are covered with the sweetest mess you can worry about getting all clean again. You can also laugh at the person whose lap you are sitting on when they discover that they too are covered in chocolatey goo :)
Thank you both for making me see the world through less tired and jaded eyes.
I love you both to the moon and back.
Grandma
<3

Here are some close ups.


I pretty much followed the sketch because I loved the design. I did add the doilies after.


The quote and little butterflies are rub ons and the October and ice cream is a Heidi Swapp stamp.

Thank you for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!


xox

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Soooo sweet Val [yeah....had to say that;]... & your two look amazing:) Such FUN & you are so right with your journaling. It is wonderful to see the joy, the enthusiasm that the little ones bring to ordinary everyday events, eh? And snap on, Granny....who gives a TOSS.... we enjoy what you scrap & you enjoy what you snap....win win, I say!!! LOVELY page. I'm rather partial to doilies, I must say!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Val your littlies are growing up fast! What a lovely page and you journalling did make me smile - "eating icecream with your whole body" is such a great way to describe how kids enjoy stuff with complete abandon! And how wonderful that you have the knack for great photos to capture those moments :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Val, this is so precious!! Absolutely gorgeous page of course but the photos of your little grandies are totally delightful. Your journaling too is right on the mark, nothing better than getting messy eating a chocolaty icecream .. they are enjoying it so much and so is Dad .. priceless!! Fabulous take on the challenge and please, keep on snapping them photos and showing them off to the rest of us. Totally love it!!!!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun and delicious page Val. I like the sketch and your colour choices. The photos are such fun and truly reflect the joy of childhood. Like you, my Grandchildren have taught me to view the world with less jaded eyes and I absolutely relate to your journalling. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute layout Val! What fun photos! Those papers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Val, you never cease to amaze me with your beautiful creations .. perfect detail and design. love this x
    your photos are just charming and oozing with love x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page!! LOVE the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those photos are to precious...you did a stellar job of cracking the case. You go on and snap to your hearts content...we will never get enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever space for your hidden journaling, Val! Great interpretation of the sketch. Photos are perfect and adorable, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty and gorgeous page! It's amazing to see how these little one's have grown! They are just adorable! ;-) Love the hidden journalling and keep on snapping away....the photo's and those moments are priceless! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so glad I made the time to drop by your blog Valerie! Such a fantastic take on the sketch and I love the colors you used. The twins are looking cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous Val. I LOVE the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous Val. I LOVE the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where are you? We are missing updates from you my friend♥

    ReplyDelete