Pages

Friday, 12 February 2016

12 TAGS OF 2016

Hello Everyone!
Last year I started playing along with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags challenges and I loved them. Then life got in the way and I got busy and stopped playing.  I decided I wanted to go back to the beginning and do them all the techniques are great and I learned so much from the ones I did do. 
That was my resolution for this year. Well we are in February and I have just completed this months one and I am busy with the January one. I am still planning to do them all so we will see how I go.
You can find all the details of this challenge HERE and this is his tag for February.

This year he is re-visiting previous years techniques and combining two together per tag.

Here is my take on the challenge.


I did the tag with the stenciling on the background and then the metallic paste through another stencil - the hearts... Mine wasn't so shiny as I had to mix metallic paint with paste so I decided to add some gold glitter to a couple of the hearts. I used a second stencil with red distress paint and not ink as I wanted the red to be brighter. 

As I didn't have the old photo ephemera so I chose to use a pic of our wedding 39 years ago and printed the photo out in sepia. I tried his colouring on the photo to make it look even older but it looked awful, too bright and fake looking for me so I re-printed the photo and just left it sepia.

I hand cut the heart and wings onto grunge board and then put them through my cuttlebug and then painted them using the same metallic gold and red as I used on the stencil and because I just love bling I added red distress glitter to the heart. Lastly I added some rub-ons as I didn't have the same word pieces as he did and I added a clock arm with red cotton and a little heart, a bling on the clock arm and lastly a rose.

The ribbon was coloured using Candied Apple distress stain. Because I am giving this to my hubby for Valentines day I mounted the tag onto a card.

I had such fun creating this tag and turning it into a card.

I also have my art journal page for Colour me Positive.

This week the prompt is...


Here is my take on it.


I gessoed the page first and added so watercolour in blue and yellow and rust. Then added some Tim Holtz tissue paper in random places. I did some stenciling and on the butterflies I added some sparkle just because I could. Added more watercolours and then the quote which I love.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!



xox
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag Val, and just love your art journal pages.. happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tag...and that you are actually going to be giving it to your hubby for Valentines...love the art journal page...I must still get to that. I am off to a Scrappy Retreat with Scrapbook Studio for 5 days next week...my first retreat and so very excited ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stunning tag with your wedding photo!! I have never participated in the 12 tags events :-( The art journal page is just as gorgeous, love the colours and the quote ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel happy when I come here Val. When I visit, the thought of a nice tropical drink comes to mind. Love your tag and your journal page is stupendous!

    Paula XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Art Journal page Val and the quote; the watercolour look is divine. I had good intentions of joining in the tag last year, but life got in the way. Yours is stunning. Perfect colours for Valentines day and just the thing to add to that special card for your Husband :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fabulous projects and both completely different. I'm so glad you're getting 'into' Tim's Tags. I hope you can keep up. I found them really rewarding to do and a blast of fun, especially when you need to switch things up....makes you think and be creative, like you've done here:) And your art journal page is totally amazing! Making me think I Should try to join in!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your "real life" tag for Tim's challenge, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tag is just beautiful Val! I must really pop over and see the challenges and techniques. So love your journal pages too....really amazing and the sentiment is fabulous! ;-) I am also finding that life is just so busy and I am not getting to half of the things that I want to do! I wish there were 40 hours in a day!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous projects Val. The tag is amazing, have been wanting to do them myself but still haven't managed to actually finish one. Your version is awesome! Your art page is totally stunning! That quote is lovely and I adore the colour mix and the embossing!! Haven't done one of those for ages either .. life certainly does get in the way of the things we would rather be doing. Beautiful work!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Val...I am so glad I stopped by to view your tag mounted on a card...I really liked the use of the RED and your back ground is so busy with it's layering...i also liked your metal heart tied to the spinner and your cute stamp application: he love me etc.
    I have been wanting to do some art journaling too ...I just need to make the time to start! I loved looking at your work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am already 3 months behind on this years tags... did not even attempt last years tags... I intend playing catch up on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Val, love your take on Tim's tag, the gold and vibrant red look great with the sepia photo and I do love that pic of you looking all young and innocent and so happy! I have promised myself to keep up with the TH tags this year, you really do learn such a lot from his tutorials. I will come back to check out your March tag! X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Val! Your tag is beautiful! Love the wonderful photo and all the details! Your art journal pages look spectacular! Love the inky background and beautiful butterfly! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. marvellous !!!! i am french , from Toulouse , and i find your blog " ouahouuuuuuuu" !! :) i must do for a personnal challenge one page called " 85 this moment " !!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. http://natalou031.canalblog.com/ there is the lift about your " this moment !!!!

    ReplyDelete