Pages

Friday, 1 July 2016

LET'S SCRAP SKETCHES SUMMER FUN BLOG HOP

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Let’s Scrap Sketches Summer Fun Blog Hop! 
This blog hop runs from midnight July 1st to midnight July 7th, so make sure you join in ALL the fun. 
If you are joining the blog hop here instead of at the beginning go HERE to start at Let’s Scrap Sketches and follow the instructions for the Blog Hop to get in for a chance on all of the prizes! Be sure to comment on my blog and follow my blog for more inspiration. You need to do both of these things to get in on the RAK for this blog, then please go to the NEXT BLOG for more fun and more chances to win more prizes! 
Here is the sketch, designed by Michelle van Wyk, that we had to work with. 


This is how I interpreted the sketch. 


I used the Penelope Dee papers designed by Glenda Viljoen and they are so lovely to work with. I have sort of followed the sketch and the photos I used are of my beautiful daughter just one week before our precious little mite was born. Here are some close ups of my page. 

I
did some Distress Stain smooching on the page in a few places and also added some splats. There was also some fussy cutting and I like to ink and distress all of my edges for a more vintage feel. 


I coloured the flowers with watered down Distress Paint and the same paint was used to paint the title and the little hearts.


The title and the hearts once dry were covered in glossy accents and Distress Glitter... I LOVE Distress anything. 

My Journalling on the back of the layout says.

Stormie - It seems like just yesterday that I was this big with you. I can't believe that my little girl is about to become a mother herself and I am in awe of the way you have approached this whole new chapter of your life. You are self assured and composed and so organised, you know exactly what you want and how you are going to get it. Everything is already prepared for this new little being to join your family and you are excited to meet her. If she turns out to be half the person you are she will be amazing and can't wait to be be Glan to #3 :D 

I know you can't wait to get your body back and if I know you you have a plan for that too but this is such a special time when the two of you share one body and that closeness will never be there again so enjoy the last few days of it.

I just want you to know how proud I am of you and I can't wait for this next part of our journey and I will always be there to help you - whatever form that takes. I want you to know that how you feel about this baby of yours is how I feel about you. There is no greater love <3

I also made a card from some of the left over paper.


The card measures 15 x 15 cms and the watercolour piece 14 x 14 cms. I smooched the Worn Lipstick and Twisted Citron onto it and left it to dry, I love the effect you get from this technique. The edges were inked too. 

A strip of the butterfly paper and one of the little strips from another. As I didn't use the lace on my layout I used it here. The 'You are Awesome" was fussy cut and popped up on foam tape and the flowers added. Lastly I fussy cut one of the butterflies and added it and added the recipients name.

Thank you so much for stopping bye to take part in our blog hop, I am the last visit so next stop is back to Let's Scrap Sketches I hope you have enjoyed it. Watch this space to see who wins the RAK from me.


Till next time - Happy Scrapping!
Hugs



24 comments:

  1. Val this is such a gorgeous layout. Love the hint of shabby chic here and how the neutral toned photos pops against the pink in the rest of the design. A beautiful card too.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Val.. you really are brilliant.. don't know how you can say your mojo is gone. this is fantastic.. you have to show Glenda.. she will be so impressed.. Just love your style.. Great job.. well done ! Hugs, Mich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ... I LOVE this!! Love the shabby chic feel of this page! Beautiful photos of your beautiful girl as well! So glad to see your work again ... You are so talented!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Vallie. HOW BEAUTIFUL!! A LO such as this deserves to be framed! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is beautiful and that card is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Love the vintage feel of your page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab sketch to work with and I love what you've done with it. The smooching looks so cool and the fussy cut butterflies look almost real, just beautiful. Most of all I love your heartfelt journaling and after all that's what it's all about and why we do this whole scrapping malarkey :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just soooo good to see you scrapping again! ADORE your vintage-ish vibe on this one.... I think you do it to perfection - & all the butterflies.....totally YUM! I had my 2 yesterday - then the whole family and mum for tea. It was like, manic but good & now I'm utterly exhausted. But worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful 2page layout, Val ! I love the soft watercolour effect on the background paper and how you've embellished the layout with all those pretty butterflies. Lovely series of photos to boot. I can't believe you ever doubted your scrapbooking talent. Your work and journaling are wonderful. Glad you're back ♥.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What else can I say, Gorgeous. I love you layout Val.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! This is a stunning layout and card. I love all of the layers and the colors that you used. Very inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful layout - very soft and feminine! Really like how you have framed your pictures just beautiful. Awesome card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very lovely. like the background you made

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the page Val. You blow me away!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout I love all the little details. Great card with those papers too. So soft and beautiful. I love that you did extra journaling on the back of your layout.
    My blog -- www.barbgreenberg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely layout of Storm. I must really get some of this new SA range.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow I am speechless.....first we watched Storm get married.....now her pregnancy....cannot wait for the baby layouts!! Stunning stunning stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My jaw almost hit the desk!! *still grasping for my breath!* Val, this LO is SUPER beautiful!! I am in awe . . . so much eye-candy to look at! Glad you are scrapping again! I love your precious letter to Storm, you are so talented when it comes to journalling. Beautiful card too! I really missed your e-mails as I am a long time e-mail subscriber.

    My blog: http://emsigebiene.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous and stunning page Val! Love the details and beautiful photo's! Love the soft and beautiful details! Gorgeous card too...so very pretty! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a gorgeous layout with so many wonderful details and your card is stunning as well. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous projects Val! You really make me want all these products! Beautiful showcase of pretty papers, embellishments and stunning backgrounds! Thank you for keeping my family in your prayers :)

    ReplyDelete