Pages

Saturday, 10 September 2016

BEST DAY EVER

Hello everyone!
I totally forgot to do a blog post for my last class projects, so here they are now.

In the morning I did a double layout and here it is.


My journalling as always is on the back of the layout (but I am working on writing it on the front - but more on that later).

It was so special for me to see you two really connecting with your cousin up close and personal. You both react to her so differently but so similarly and it is easy to see how much you love her. I don't think either of you moved off that couch the entire time she was awake and when she went to sleep you kept checking on her to make sure that she was ok. I hope that you will always love, take care of and protect your baby cousin and I hope that you have a really strong bond with her always and I promise to do my level best to make sure that this happens. You are all the best thing that has happened to Grandpa and me and I hope you will always all know how much we love you and how special our time together is. 

Here are some close ups.

I used the new Celebr8 'Let's Chat' range and I loved the bright vibrant colours which seemed perfect for my kiddlies.


I wanted this to be a super fun layout so I did some splatter work on the back and I stamped these fun birds and water coloured them in in the colours of the papers. The orange check was from my stash just because I wanted some orange and none of the papers I had fit the bill. I also added washi tape in green and black.


I covered the title with distress paint and then in orange glitter... you can never have too much glitter.
I added some straws for another fun element.


I used one of the pocket cut outs instead of another photo to add a pop of colour.


Here is the other bird that I stamped and coloured in.

In the afternoon I taught a single layout and a card.

Here is the single layout.

I used the same papers as the double layout using up all the scraps :D


 My journalling on the back says...

Paigie you are so funny :D Everytime you see me you inspect me to see what I am wearing and you want to be the same. If I have a necklace on you want one, or a bracelet, or my nail colour or my glasses, and even shoes. This particular day we had to find your sunglasses so you could be the 'same as glan' and then you said 'I want a photo'. We had to take a few to get a half decent one too I might add, because you were wanting to push the button and see the photo that we just took at the same time. I think at some point I am going to have to do a layout of all our selfies just so that later on you can see what fun we had together. 
You are a real girlie girl and I hope that you stay that way, even though you are so particular about what you will or won't or want to wear.
I love you my little selfie diva.

Here are some close-ups.


I fussy cut this border from the back of one of the papers and used it at an angle with the orange paper. I added some washi tape and a paper clip and post it note.



Staying with the glitter them I put glitter on the little camera and used another one of the pocket cut outs.


I also cut a pair of sunglasses using my silhouette machine in two colours - pink and black and then just switched the lenses.

Finally my card.


I made this card using different sizes of double sided tape in a random pattern, I then removed some of the tapes and added the silver glitter, once it was on and the card brushed off I removed more tape and added the gold and then repeated the exercise as before and then finally did the same with the pink glitter.

I saw this done on youtube and can't for the life of me find it again so I don't know who did it :/

The title was also cut on my silly machine three times and I then stacked them so they were thicker. 

The little flower is a glittery chippie flower :D of course and I layered it under the pink flower and popped it onto a banner of white card stock and pink vellum. I then just added it all to a white card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I know how time consuming it is so I want you to know how much I appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!



Hugs
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. These are fab Val! Your family is so precious <3 Oh my! Sweet Paige :D My niece was the same with my mom when she was a baby! Too cute.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome Val !!! Those 3 little babies are the cutest !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, so happy to see you creating. I apologize if you have and this is the first post I caught!! Adorable two page layout!! 3 beautiful little people to love!! And I love the other layout too!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my GOSH! Sensory overload.....!! LOOOVE them all. The glitter, the GLITTER....on the title and on that card. I have double sided sticky paper I've never used.....deffo gonna try this:) AND your journaling on both pages.....that makes me HAPPY. LOVE reading the stories. Man, our 4 yo has decided he doesn't want his photo taken atm....so, truly, get all those shots while you can:) And those BIRDS....they totally ROCK. Love 'em!! So glad you're back here. YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the elements on this beautiful doubles pages Val. The photos are so precious and snap more for your lovely grandchildren especially diva Paigie :) She is so cute! Thank you for sharing. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's wonderful to see you creating again, especially with these three precious kidlets. Little children always seem to be drawn to babies and have a way of communicating with them, even if there is a big age difference. Love the double layout - something I always used to create a few years back. The colours, the glitter and the cute birds all combine perfectly on this happy page. Your little Diva reminds me of one we have here. So interesting to observe the differences in gender, even at such a young age. As for the card!!! It's a knockout! Mr Mojo is back with bells on! Thanks for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Who makes the delightful bird stamps please? I think they'd like to fly into my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! These are absolutely stunning Val. Love the bright, happy colours .. perfect for your little munchkins and your journaling is always so heartwarming and a delight to read. So pleased you remembered to post these .. my faves now!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. Forgot to say .. I love the technique on the card .. simply gorgeous!! more hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fabulous - love the journalling!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Valerie love your cute and pretty pages, especially the subjects. You used Celebr8's chat range just beautifully and creatively.
    This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely double page Val, so much fun!! I love the colour combo and the quirky mix of embellies and the sweet photos. Brilliant :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute layouts, Val! Nice job with the little birds & your glitter title & camera are fabulous! A new fun mix of patterns & very colorful. Best of all, your photography continues to blow me away! (Love the selfie single page!!!)XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous layouts and card Val! Love the double layout...the papers so perfect for those little girls! Love the single page too....so sweet and your little diva is just precious! Great card too and love the design! ;-)
    Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog...I really do appreciate the visits and comments! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Valerie, all your projects are fabulous! Love the fun layouts featuring such darling photos and pretty papers! The card is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your creativity with all of us!

    ReplyDelete