Pages

Thursday, 10 November 2016

PRETTY FLAWSOME

Hello Everyone!
I have been scrapping up a storm and I am here to share one of the layouts that I have done for the challenge over at 123 Challenge Blog, I visited the very talented Lizzy Crust's blog and saw her take on the challenge and just knew I wanted to give it a go. If you haven't seen Lizzy's work I can highly recommend a visit to her blog. I loved the challenge for this month. 

Here it is.


1 To use the colour Peach
2 To use the word Pretty
and
3 To use Pleats on your layout.

Here is my take on the challenge.


My journalling on the layout says...

It has taken me the best part of 60 years to get to a place where I can truly accept who I am and to know my worth. If I could tell my younger self just one thing... it would be that YOU ARE PRETTY FLAWSOME.

The quote on the photo says...
Flawed and fabulous because perfect doesn't exist and normal is just plain boring.
The journalling on the back of the layout says...

 I have spent my whole life trying to fit in, to tick all the right boxes. To be the perfect wife, to be the best mother, to be a good daughter, to be a diligent employee, to be a trendy scrapper, to get better grades at school, to be athletic, to be thinner, to be prettier, to be wittier and more intelligent, to be accepted by everyone. I can't believe that it has taken me 60 years to really get that no matter what I do and how hard I try I am never going to please everyone all the time and that I can't be true to others if I can't be true to myself first. Finally I get that I am not perfect and that is ok, neither is anyone else. I don't need to be I just need to do my best and if that is not good enough for anyone else that is their issue not mine. 
When I think of all the time I have wasted trying to be something I am not and can never be makes me sad. I never want my kids to feel like they are not enough.
We are all pretty flawesome!

Here are some close-ups


I started of with the rose paper which had some very pale peach in it and purple and chose to go with those colours. I fussy cut some of the flowers and then added a little watercolour to them.


I also used a celebr8 chippie which I coloured in Shaded Lilac and Wilted Violet distress paint, once it was dry I added some gold embossing powder here and there.
The title is gold thickers and I also used a canvas alphabet for the 'pretty'.


I chose to co with a  pleated flower, love this die from Tim Holtz. I added a punched out scallop and a button and gold thread to complete the flower. I added some glitter washi tape and a butterfly and little word sticker at each of the embellishment points. Lastly I splattered on some Wilted Violet paint and some Heidi Swapp colourshine in gold.


I have also been very busy making Christmas cards this year :D

Here they are...














Whoo hoo go me... I forgot with everyone sending e-cards just how much fun it was to make them and get them posted off. 

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!



Hugs

Photobucket

31 comments:

  1. Wow....love your cards...I never get round to making any and yours are fabulous.

    Your layout is awesome. Your journaling speaks to my heart...we all struggle to measure up to what is expected. You are at a good place in your life now. Love you lots xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 I haven't made for the last couple of years and I miss getting them. We always used to hang them up and I loved it. Now everyone just sends e-cards and it is just not the same :D Thank you for your kind and encouraging comment :D

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous page with so much truth in your journaling!! You're rocking the gorgeous Christmas cards!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness such beautiful work and you have been busy girlie!!! Love seeing you creative again.. Love you girlie and miss you like crazy!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cath.. well I am trying. I miss you too. Hoping that next year will be better <3

      Delete
  4. I want to come play at your house! You create magic there, and I want to be part of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay that would be so much fun. I am so enjoying your travels and I am amazed at what you are still managing to create <3

      Delete
  5. Amen to your "flawsome" journey Val what a beautiful page! We do spend a ridiculous amount of energy & time in our early years trying to be everything to everyone 😞 And there are going to be some lucky peeps out there who are on the receiving end of one of your beautiful cards...just magic xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo.. it is a pity that we only get it so late :D such is life I suppose. I am just hoping that with our crappy postal service the cards are not ditched. Cost me an arm and a leg to post and I will be very unhappy if no one gets them. If it works then next year I will do loads more :D

      Delete
  6. Wow!! You have been a busy girl!! I love Lizzy's makes too .. visiting her page is always such a delight!! A really beautiful page Val .. awesome, flawsome piccie of you .. you look gorgeous!!!! Love the journaling .. I think we've all been there and must all come to that same conclusion in our own time (not sure if I've quite made it yet .. but I'm trying!) Your Christmas cards are spectacular! Wow!! Can't believe how many you managed to do .. and they are stunning!! Between you and Lizzy Hill I'm feeling very left behind .. LOL!! Gotta get my Chrissy hat on me thinks!! Love, love, love your work!! big hugz xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marg, and you left behind that will be the day. I have seen your amazing Christmas cards. I agree with you on Lizzy she is just a mean machine :D One day when I grow up I want to be like her. I don't know how she does it but she did give me the kick in the butt that I needed. Hope you are feeling so much better <3

      Delete
  7. Lovely layout and a beautiful message. Thanks for playing along with the 123 Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your journalling. We should all take a step back and re-evaluate ourselves. Beautiful LO and the cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amor... pity it takes us so long to get hey <3

      Delete
  9. Well firstly, thanks so much for your lovely words!! I am blushing!! and secondly, your layout is so pretty, I love those colors together, gorgeous photo and I love the journalling too.. there are lots of things I wish I could tell my younger self.. we just take time to learn it for ourselves hey... and wow your Christmas cards are all so beautiful too.. I am sure who ever gets them will be delighted.. and thanks so much for joining in with the 123 Challenge blog this month!! (p.s. next months criteria is one I really loved creating for!!! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lizzy and yes I agree so much I would like to tell my younger self.

      Delete
  10. Well hello Miss Awesome Flawesome. You have certainly been scrapping up a storm. Who would have thought peach and purple would look so stunning together? Certainly not me. A dramatic design to go with the gorgeous photo. Love the purple polka dot paper and the pops of gold and you know what I'm going to say don't you. The journalling is the icing on the cake for this little journalling junky!!! So glad you've arrived at a place of inner peace and self acceptance, 'cos you're beautiful, just the way you are.
    Now to the Christmas cards, so stylish with the classic Christmas colours. Each one perfect in it;s own way. It's always a pleasure to visit your blog, Irish Breakfast in hand and just savour every morsel. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Helen. Your visits and comments always bring a smile to my face and yes I always appreciate the journalling. Maybe because I kept things bottled up for sooooo long. Feels good to be saying it out loud now. xox

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous, gorgeous cards.....GO YOU!!! I am super impresses & it's SOOOOO lovely to see you've been 'scrapping up a storm'.....YAY! AND your page. Pretty awesome.....can't find any flaws there, LOL!! Adore how you've added some colour to the fussy cut flowers. Now that there is an idea I'm pinching! As always, adore your journaling. It's something I think the vast majority of women of a Certain Age struggle with....cos we were 'trained up' to be all those things FIRST and ourselves LAST....I'm not sure that the worm has not turned toooo far the other way now....but in the end, I think Life has a way of balancing it all out:):) And that Celebr8 line? It's the SA one, yes? She has some WONDERFUL stuff! So nice to see LOCAL goodies that are FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Lizzy :D Thank you and you were the one who lit the fire under my ass about the Christmas cards. Now I just hope they get to where they are supposed to go :D I am impressed that you are able to pinch something from me and I am happy to oblige seeing as though you have given me soooo many ideas <3

      Delete
  12. Pretty Flawsome indeed ! It's hard for me to believe that you ever doubted yourself. You have such a confident air about you. I admire that. I wish I could say the same about me.
    I just love your layout. The colour combination is so pretty and goes perfectly with that beautiful photo of you. I love the bold flowery paper, and how you've cut out some of the flowers for embellishments. The rosette is really cute and the gold accents give a nice finishing touch. Really pretty.
    Beautiful cards as well. Each one as special as the next. I bet they were fun to make.
    I'm glad you got your mojo back. Hugs from Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The power of the internet I reckon. I am so not a confident person inside I am still that same scared little girl from a million years ago. BUT I am pretty good at faking it :D Thats what they say fake it till you make it. The nice thing for me now is that I am doing it for myself. What makes me happy and if it makes anyone else happy that it awesome <3 hugs back at you from deepest darkest Africa <3

      Delete
  13. Love your page and the photo. Your colours go wonderful together. Thanks for joining in at 123 Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH Val I love this page and I love that new word - it should totally be in the dictionary! The Christmas cards are beautiful, really lovely. I'm glad you're coming over to the UK again soon - it would be good if we could meet up, maybe in London?? XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Annie. Hahahahaha I love that word too pretty perfect for most of us I reckon :D Yes I would love to meet up. We will be there from 1 - 15 March and we will be staying in London in Hyde Park so would be great to meet. I will stay in touch with you once I know our plans....

      Delete
  15. Such a sweet page and so pretty. Thank you so much for joining in with 123 Challenge Blog this month.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love, love your pretty page and love all your beautiful and festive cards! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Valerie! Such a beautiful photo of yourself and wonderful post! Thanks for sharing! All of your cards are so gorgeous! So fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete