Pages

Friday, 18 November 2016

SWEET BABY GIRL

Hello Everyone! 

Well I am back with another post. 
I just loved Laura Whitaker's new sketch over at Stuck?! Sketches and when I saw the DT inspiration  I just knew I wanted to play along.

Now we are in the process of having our house re-painted and I thought I would use this time to re-do or add to my layout wall, and I knew I wanted to use this sketch to do a framed layout of my new grand baby - Scarlett.

Here is the sketch.


Isn't it just gorgeous. BUT I didn't follow it exactly as the orientation of the photo I wanted to use was different so I adapted it slightly but I hope that it still looks like the sketch. This is one I will use again and again.

Here is my layout.


I didn't put my journalling on the front of the layout as it is being framed but it is on the back and it says.

I don't think that there is any love to compare the love you have for your grand babies and the more there are the bigger your heart gets. It's like it expands with each one that comes along. This little thing has already wormed her way right in to my heart and nothing gives me more joy than to see her sweet face. Scarli, I hope that you will always know just how much you are loved. I love watching your little personality develop and grow, and it amazes me just how complex we are and how much you have had to contend with and learn in your few months on this earth. Our relationship will be so special and I want you to know that you will always be my little angel. I am looking forward to our time together and the bond that we will develop. We have already established our Wednesday afternoon date time just for you and me and I will always treasure it.
Love always.

Here are some close ups.


I used a heavy watercolour paper to work on and used a lovely dandelion stencil with texture paste and while it was still wet I covered it with glitter so it has a lovely little sparkle. Once it was dry I used LSG mists in a peach and a green. Once that was dry I splashed on some Heidi Swapp colour shine in gold.


I used washi tape, some lace tape, some pattern paper and gold embossed vellum to create the vertical layer and the photo was matted in vellum and some paper to keep it light. I used some of the paper and the vellum to create the tags and I also added in an acetate butterfly wing for a bit of interest. The title is black letters and gold stickers. Then I added some flowers that picked up the shades in the pattern paper. 

So now, I have been a very busy bee. I signed up for Shimelle Laine's new Design Decisions online class - I really love her work and I want to use up my stash and I really like how she mixes her pattern papers. I always start off thinking to myself - 'no way that will work' but it always does. This is my first layout from her first class and I can't wait to catch up with the others.


I have to say I was freaked out by using so many pattern papers I had to just breathe but the more I see this layout the more I like it. I love the handwritten journalling on here and it is something I never do because I don't like my writing but here it is and I am ok with it.

It says... Spence, You are my little star and I love our routine at pick up time (at school). Usually you have just woken up and you just want to chill in the tire swing for a bit while you wake up fully. Unlike your sister who wants to swing higher and higher you just want to swing low and gentle. I can see on your face that you just zone out. Once you are fully awake you are quite happy to your bag and go to the car. I love you so much. Glannie <3

Here are some close ups.


Ok, so my starting point was to choose a paper that had all the colours from the photos. This paper is so old I don't even know whose it is and I had about three or four with differing patterns and one of her design decisions is to have a large pattern a medium pattern and a small pattern all picked out to match the original piece. I used 5 different patterns on this layout, that is a biggie for me especially seeing as though the papers are not from the same range or manufacturer.


The other thing she teaches you is how to build clusters to ensure that your eye moves around the layout to the photos and also to make sure there is no awkward trapped space. Things I never even considered. Balancing different textures too.


The rule of threes, three embellishment placements and so on. Like I said VERY different for me but I am learning so much and I am loving it.

FINALLY, I made a birthday card for a friend so I am going to share it and I am sorry that the photo is not the best but I forgot to take a pic of it before I gave it to her.


You can see the shadow from my phone. 

So I made this card on watercolour paper and I stamped the flower, a Tim Holtz stamp onto the paper and masked it off I then masked off the sides so that I could apply distress in to the center panel. Once it was dry I splashed it with water, and only then removed the masks. The flower was painted with distress markers and the Happy Birthday sentiment was stamped at the end. I decided to add the black lines to the edge of the center panel to make it pop more and finally added three little gems.

That is it for now. Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a message. I really appreciate it.

Till next time.

Happy Scrapping!



Hugs
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Hi There, I hope your week has been a good one! You have been busy! I adore the stuck layout, such a sweet photo and love your inspiration from the sketch... It will be beautiful on your wall.. and fabulous second layout, love all the patterned papers and it does all go so well.. and love the little clusters, thanks for sharing the tips.. and beautiful card.. I love the coloring on the flower.. have a good weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! You can COLOUR as well - I've always wanted to have a go at that sort of shading ... just aren't good at it:) LOOOVE the swing photo... so far I've 2 boys who just want to go high & fast. I'd love a chilled out one... maybe #3 will be! Go YOU with the bold pp & strong elements... BRILL:) My fave is the top one.... VELLUM , GOLD bits & those soft chiffon-ish flowers..... yum!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your page featuring Scarlett...I love the softness and the stunning mixed media on the background...the gold bits are perfect. You really rocked the patterned papers on the page of Spence. These precious little ones are going to love reading all these little love notes from their Glan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your pages are so gorgeous! I love your take on theStuck?! Sketches sketch, it is so beautifully embellished! So glad you played along! PS congratulations on your beautiful new granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree, Grand Babies are just the best thing. The love expands to wrap around them all; each of them is unique and they find their own special little niche to snuggle into. Thanks for joining in with the Stuck?! Sketch and making it your own. Love the soft pink flowers, the vellum and the pops of gold. Spencer sounds like a special little boy; I relate to him needing time to wake up before he faces the world! Great job with all the patterned papers. Your watercolour card is delightful - that's a skill I've yet to master. Lovely to see you scrapping again. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. So perfect! I love the direction your work is going :D Great work Val

    Paula XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all beautiful! I especially love your take on the sketch. It's a precious page. <3 Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout! I love how you adapted the sketch to make it work for your photos! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, definitely!! Grand babies are the very best invention ever!!! Hubby and I always say 'if we had known how wonderful grandies were, we would have had them first!!' LOL!! Your pages featuring your grandies are virtually overflowing with the love you have for them. Such precious photos and wonderful memories to treasure. Love your interpretation of the sketch and those lovely flower clusters cradle your precious baby so beautifully! You totally rocked the patterned paper on the second page. Absolutely perfect choices to go with the photo .. Spence looks so serious and so sweet sitting in his little swing .. gorgeous! Last, but certainly not least .. your card is stunning!! I would love to be able to colour like that .. love it!! love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful!I can feel the love for your granddaughter very much!Thank you for joining us at Stuck?!Sketches:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pages....really love the first one, so soft and precious! The second is so super too....the mix of papers is great! ;-) Your card...just a beauty and love the distress ink effects! Just fabulous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic work Valerie, your scrapbook pages are stunning and I love how you put all your elements together! Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful layouts Valerie! Love your attention to details! Super cute photos! Your card is gorgeous! Love the beautiful blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful projects!! The top layout it gorgeous as is the picture!!

    ReplyDelete