Pages

Tuesday, 3 January 2017

GLANNIES GIRL

Hello Everyone!
Welcome to 2017.
I hope it will be kind to you and yours.

In 2012 I stumbled across a scrapbook site called CSI. My first case was #42 and I was instantly hooked and I played along and then was privileged to joined the design team and I retired last year.

This year they turned 5. Happy birthday CSI! Debbi Tehrani has done an amazing job with this site and it is one that definitely challenges you. Anyway, she asked the retired detectives to come out of hiding and play along for birthday issue. So here I am - playing!

If you have never been and checked this challenge out I highly recommend that you do. You can find all the details HERE.

Here is the case file.


Here is my take on this challenge.


Here is how I solved the case.

I used the sketch and then rotated it and then I needed to change the dimensions to suite my photo and I am pretty sure that if you look really, really hard you will see it in there :D

Scheme - I have used all of the colours.
Evidence - Tiny dots, circles, banners, different colour letters for title, stamp phrases,enamel dots,
Testimony - I used the inspiration words, delicious, sweet, life.
I have some journalling on the front which says...
Paige you are such a happy, loving child. I hope that you never lose that. You have a ready smile and a twinkle in your eye. Arms that are always ready for a hug and I love you.

On the back my journalling says...

You really are Glannies Girl, and you have reminded me what unconditional love is. I hope you never lose your zest for life. You are such fun to be around, you are bright as a button and so inquisitive, you have your own opinions and you wont be swayed by what anyone else says or does. You have changed my life in more ways than I could have imagined and I love how you see the world. You really are the sweetest little thing and I love you so much.

Here are some close ups of my layout.


I am happy to say that I bashed my stash for this layout and the colours were perfect.


Here you can see some of the mixed alphas for the titles and also some stamping. I used some Heidi Swapp colour shine in Gold for the splashes. 


Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment.

I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!



Hugs
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Val, sweet and playful just like your little granddaughter, love the way you flipped the sketch XXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy page for your Paige - sorry, couldn't help myself! Your toddler has turned into a little girl already and she sounds a bit of a trick! Good to read she won't be swayed by others - that will stand her in good stead when she hits the teenage years. Great job with the stash busting; I especially like the pink floral and the polka dots, but the whole thing is gorgeous and it's so good to see your creativity in the blogosphere again. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to be invited back to CSI for a curtain call! Sweet layout with the most tender journaling. Way to go! A definite keepsake for Paige.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweet lady....so glad to see you posted. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New year and wish you everything bright, happy and blessed for 2017! ;-)
    CSI is fabulous and I always enjoy playing along when I can get some time.
    You created a beautiful and fresh little page for your sweet grandie. She is just the cutest little thing.
    Thanks for always stopping past my blog and leaving some love...I really do appreciate it so much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val, what fun to be dusted off & using our sleuthing kits again,
    love your Layout of your sweet Glandies girl Paige, aren't grandies just the best.. I think they spoil us with their unconditional love.
    Hugz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Valerie! Congrats! Your layout is darling! Love the precious photo and mix of fun patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORG girl... ummm... yeah (twisting head) I ummm see the sketch, LOL!!!! Go you stash busting... yay! And I see some Prima alphas I've still got in there too:) love your name 'Glanny' & I do adore how THEY name us! My grandma was Mam.... now keep on that scrappy treadmill Val... I'm expecting your 1st Xmas card done by the end of January... just one! Don't let me down,now (evil chuckle.... feel the pressure??!!!!!) ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable page!! What a sweetie!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't tell you when last I did a scrap layout! I do love this one of yours and the "bashed my stash" line had me smiling. I think I am banned from buying another thing... for today anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You picked the perfect combination of papers to create this little girl page. The simple little bits of embellishments, and sweet journaling, is all you needed to compliment the cute picture. So nice to see your layout over at CSI. I hope you'll play again in 2017. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how sweet! I love the mix of pinks. Wishing you and your family all the best for a fabulous 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Val, beautiful photo, love the circles and your wonderful journaling. You solved this case beautifully. I am stash busting too this year. Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous, fun, playful page Val .. perfect to showcase your beautiful little grandie. Love the mix of colours and patterend papers .. and good on you for busting your stash!!! Absolutely adorable photo and gorgeous page!!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete