Pages

Friday, 20 January 2017

HELLO HANDSOME SWEET BOY

Hello Everyone!

I am back with another layout for the challenge at Stuck?! They have such awesome sketches and two challenges per month. 

Here is the January 1st sketch.


Here is my take on the layout.


I  have resolved this year to try and use papers that I already have in my stash. This paper is all from Echo Park and the colours are perfect for this busy, handsome, little boy.

The journalling says...

Spence - You are always going to march to beat of your own drum.
 It is the one thing I love most about you and it is my hope that you never 
get broken down and boxed. 
Be proud to be who you are.
You were born to stand out.

Here are some close ups.


I made the glittery stars using chipboard and covering them with the glitter tape... you can see the joins in the photos but not so much on the layout and I am ok with that.


I used three different fonts from the sticker sheets to create my title.


I did the same thing with the big star. I also splashed some Tim Holtz silver mist on the layout. 
There is a stitched circle on the layout but most of it got covered as I kept adding more bits and pieces and I am also ok with that.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. Always makes my day and I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!



Hugs
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Your page is beautiful and your journaling heartfelt. Love your layering...and good on you for using up your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful photo of your handsome little GS Val. Fabulous take on the sketch, perfect papers, and I love your handwritten message to him. Gorgeous layout. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Val. He is such a gorgeous little boy and it is quite obvious that his Glan loves him to bits. Love the colours, the glittery stars, the mixed fonts on the Title and, as always, expecially love the journaling. Wonderful take on the sketch. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the stash busting Val. That's on my N.Y. resolution list too. These papers are just perfect for your darling Grand Boy's page. He looks so grown up now and it only seems a little while since they were born. Love the post card from Glan tucked in the side and the little sail boat. Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches. So good to see you playing again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks brilliant....love the colours combo & the title with the mix of alphas....& most of all the silver stars. I think the ridges give a nice bit of texture, myself!! Good to see you back at it, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this fun page full of cute details. Cool idea to use the tape on the chipboard pieces, that's my my cogs going! What a handsome young man your little Spence is growing into, seems like only a couple of months ago you were waiting for them to be born :o) XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Valerie, this page is perfection! Love your amazing layers! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice page and that boy looks so cute! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?! Sketches! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pure sweetness Valerie! What a darling photo! What fun papers! Love all the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful page! I love all your little details. Your boy is darling. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is AMAZING!! Love the colours and the layering!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot believe of these babies are growing. It seems like they were just born so very recently. As always, you have done a remarkable job blending the art and the journaling. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful page and love the styling and little bits and pieces! The photo is so gorgeous too....such a serious little face! ;-)
    I still have some bits and pieces of this collection too...which I really must use! ;-)
    So nice to catch up this last Saturday and have a good natter!;-)

    ReplyDelete