Pages

Saturday, 4 February 2017

EXPLORE

Hello Everyone!
Last Saturday - 28 January - South Africa held their first National Scrapbook Day. This country wide event was organised and co-ordinated by Michelle van Wyk and I am told that there were about 1 400 women that attended. Five of us girls went to the event held in Edenvale and we had a ball.

Here we are Pam, Me, Felicity, Ilse and Vanessa. It was a very small gathering but lots of fun.


Ilse made us vodka jellies which went down a treat.


We were spoilt with little goodie boxes. I forgot to take a photo of what was inside but there was papers, templates, ribbon and stickers and stuff like that.


We also had champagne and orange juice :D


There were demonstrations and make and takes... Here Denise van Deventer is showing the girls how to make beautiful tags. It was so nice to see her again.


Yummy food for all of us.

And... Yes! There was even some scrapping. I joined in the sketch challenge created by Michelle van Wyk for the day and came up with this layout.


This layout was made from a kit I got for another layout completely but I wanted to use these papers and the theme worked perfectly for my photos.

There were prizes for the top three and I got one of them - a lovely paper pack from Bo Bunny.

So all in all a lovely day. So good to catch up with friends and meet new people. Chat, laugh, scrap and just enjoy each others company. I can't wait for the next one.

I also managed to do my title page for my 2017 Project Life album.


The HELLO 2017 and the hot air balloon were all cut using my silly machine which I am loving using now I am not so scared of it. The Resolutions was a card I found online and liked it so I printed it onto white cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!




xox
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Loved taking a walk along with you at your scrappy event....looked a LOAD of fun AND you achieved some good stuff done too! I'm still amazed at how many photos you got onto that double page....almost more than doing a PL page, I think! And the papers are perfect for it!!! Lucky you meeting Denise, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day you all must have had and you got some amazing scrapping done as well .. awesome!! Your double page is stunning and I am just as amazed as Lizzy with the nunber of photos you managed to get on there and yet it doesn't look overloaded .. brilliant!! Love your title page for the PL album too .. absolutely gorgeous work! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to head of with a group of friends and just play - drinkies and food as well! How lovely to meet Denise and to get some scrapping done as well. The icing on the cake! Your doubles really do work a treat for travel pages and the Hello 2017 looks fab. Love the hot air balloon and good to hear you've made friends with your Silly :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a really lovely day and I had a fabulous time too! It was soooo lovely to see you and catch up! ;-) Your layout is just beautiful and so pleased that you won my BoBunny pack and hope you enjoy creating with it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful day Val...and its always better to do it with friend. I love the design of your double page, perfect for lots of photo, the banner down the side is perfect...woohoo for getting a prize.
    Project Life...im beginning to think it is something I need to do to scrap some of our holiday photos. Thanks for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a lot of fun!! Your double layout is amazing and so is your PL page!!

    ReplyDelete