Pages

Tuesday, 7 February 2017

SCARLI

Hello Everyone!
I am back with a 'just for fun' layout today.
I have been doing some of Shimelle Laine's online classes and I love her design principals and the fact that everything she does on a layout is thought out from the sketch to the colours to placement and even to proportions and it has helped me to find my love of scrapping again. This is my style.
I used this sketch from Sketchy Thursdays.

Here is my layout.


My journalling on the layout says..

You are such a busy little thing at the moment. Sitting on your own, crawling like a little crab, trying to stand and walk. So much to see and do and try. You want it now!

My journalling on the back says...

It never ceases to amaze me how you are so focussed on learning all of the things that we take for granted. Sitting up alone, crawling, reaching up to pull yourself into a standing position, tentatively taking your first steps, trying to feed yourself.  Your head whips around at the sound of something new or interesting and you want to touch and taste anything and everything. The world is yours to conquer. In a few short months you have learned so much. Your brain is like a sponge soaking it all in. You are fearless and it is so hard to let you learn on your own knowing that you could get hurt or fall or get sick from something you should not have eaten. It is that caution that makes us all so fearful and hesitant in life. My wish for you is that you never stop trying and learning. That you have a long and happy life and that I am around to see a lot more of it.
You are a constant delight to me child and I love you more than you will ever know.

Here are some close-ups - very glad that I bashed more stash for this layout.


These papers that are so old they are like copier paper... very thin are demin colour and were perfect for her dress. I added some rub ons around the flowers.


Some big glittery flowers behind the smaller ones for a little punch of pink.


A punched border in some yellow polka dot and the title is thickers.


Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!




Hugs
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Oh this is so sweet, I love the photos of your busy bee and love the pops of pink too... the little rub ons are very effective too.. so good to use up that stash and get it on a page.. love the journalling... I hope your week is going well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet page, Val. I love the colour combination with the dark denim paper as anchor. The flowers, the dainty punched border, the washi tapes, and the flower rub-ons, are all so cute. It's a perfect little girl page.
    Isn't it amazing how quickly they go from a tiny baby to a toddler. She's a real cutie, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos, the sketch, the embellies & of course, most of all, your journaling! And I am thinking a theory as I read about you finding your scrappy love again.....I think we start with an almost unconscious, 'natural' way in which we scrap. That simply seems 'right' for us....then we start getting sucked into buying stuff, trying new techniques [maybe sucked in isn't right...exploring....] & then we try to be matchy with the 'latest' ideas & 'go tos' that 'everyone is doing'...then, somehow, we go throught that & find our True Scrap Souls again....& then start stash busting cos we know what works for US....as well as new stuff. But we're more refined, somehow...doesn't mean we don't try new things, but we try them with 'how we like to scrap' more in mind,...... what do you think? Does that make sense. And THAT is what I think I'm seeing here.... Or maybe that's a load of Poo. LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page!! Love the colors!! She is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is just so delightful! Adorable photos .. she is such a little darling. Your journaling is so heartwarming .. exactly how we all feel watching our little ones grow up .. they do it way too quickly and then they are off watching their own little ones grow up and the cycle begins all over again. This page is perfect Val, very much 'your' style. What Lizzy said is so true. At some stage in our crafting journey I think we go off the rails trying to be like everyone else but, when we come back to doing things the way we like it all comes together again. So glad you are enjoying your art once more. big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val, Isn't it good to create "Just Beacause"...this is gorgeous. Beautiful photos of your darling little GD. It is so good to see you back scrapping and what a great idea doing the online classes. This is a great sketch and I love your take on it. Heartfelt and beautiful journaling too. Thanks for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your journaling on the back is so very heart felt than I find myself almost in tears! This layout is beautiful, as are the photographs. You have such a knack of taking a sketch and, while adhering to the basics, make it totally your very own! Well done, Val! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are scrapping just for fun and that you've found your style. It's perfect. Love the denim and dark pink combo Val. The stripey paper reminds me of the ticking cover we had on mattresses we had as children. That look is sooo cool again now. Your little girl is such a sweetie, with those gorgeous eyes - I'm not surprised she knows what she wants and she wants it now! What an honour and a joy it is to be part of these little people's lives as they grow and explore the world. Through your gorgeous pages and your journalling we get to enjoy their daily lives too and as Grand parents, we marvel at how clever and delightful they are. They truly are the icing on the cake of life. Thanks for sharing. I may have to scrap jack this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layout is beautiful Valerie! Such sweet photos! Love how you accented them with pretty papers and flowers! You're so blessed to have time to spend with grandchildren and they are so blessed to have you :) Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this soft and girlie page for this special girlie! Loving the styling and gorgeous photo's!

    ReplyDelete