Pages

Monday, 3 April 2017

I HAVE EXCITING NEWS!

Hello Everyone!
I am back with another blog post and I have some very exciting news to share too. I will be joining the FabScraps Design Team for 2017. This is my first venture into DT's since I stepped down over two years ago and I am very excited to be working with such talented ladies and gorgeous product and, the fact that it is a home grown business is wonderful.


You can read all about them HERE.
I also got a Guest Design spot on Stuck?! Sketches for April st.
Here is Laura's sketch.


Here is my layout.


My journaling on the front of the layout says.

Kinky Boots has to be one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. A great story line, wonderful costumes and fabulous music. They had this board outside that you could stand behind and take your photo. I wanted Si to do it but he said no ways! So I did it. This photo will always bring back good memories.

My journaling on the back of the layout says.

Kinky boots is the story of a man whose father owns a shoe factory, he does not want to follow in his fathers footsteps and leaves to go and live in London with his fiance.
His father dies and he has to go back and sort out his fathers affairs and he wants to sell or close down the business and put all the workers out of a job.
He comes to the aid of a transvestite one night who broke the heel of her boot in the scuffle. They strike up a friendship and to cut a long story short he ends up making boots for these ladies which they want to take to Milan fashion week. It deals with his relationship with his fiance, his workers and the transvestites and the relationship of the workers with the transvestites. It is a gritty and heartwarming story of friendship.
I really loved this show and if I ever get the chance to see it again I definitely will.

Here are some close ups.


I used papers from my stash in colours I picked up on from my photos. The big red heart outline was cut on my silhouette machine. The camera, tickets and tags were fussy cut from papers also in my stash.


A peak at the cluster on the other side. I layered up flowers from my stash.


Same thing with the cluster at the top I also added in a doily, some glitter washi and some bling.


I also made two uni-sex baby cards for employees of hubby's who are having or have had babies. I used white cardstock and added a strip of corrugated card which I swiped with gesso and then added some mint paint. The 'baby' word was cut on my silhouette machine and then I stamped the welcome and created a little banner and finally added a small heart. There is a sentiment stamped on the inside which says... Babies are a nice way to start humans...

Finally I went with some friends on Saturday to a Charity scrap event and we did two classes. One by Shain de Bruyn and one by Taryn Johnson.

I didn't finish either layout there but I have finished one of them which will be added to my travel album.

Here is Taryn's gorgeous layout.


Here is my take on her layout...


The quotes on the layout say...
'Oh, the places you'll go'
and
'Traveling leaves you speechless, the turns you into a storyteller.'

I loved this quote and had to find a way to use it on my layout so my page is quite different to the one that Taryn taught but that's how I roll.

My journaling on the layouts says...
I haven't been to London since 2003 so this was a real treat to do. The weather was great apart from the one day of rain and even that didn't spoil it for us. We had such fun re-visiting the old sights and even finding a few new ones. I really love London and I can't wait to go back again.

We used the new Penelope Dee range for this layout and I loved it those houses though they were a pain to fussy cut are just stunning and they look amazing I think. Seemed to work perfectly for all my inner city London photos from our trip.

So for starters Taryn had three large 5 x 7 photos and I like to use lots of photos on my layouts plus I do like the journaling or at least some of it to be on the front page so I made a few adjustments. First of all I had more of my houses showing at the top and I love the vibrant splash of colour there.

I still matted my photos but I had to change the mat a bit so that I had a cohesive look. I kept two of the embellishment clusters where they were and added another at the top middle. I know my clusters are a bit spread out but that is because I had to change it from the original layout.

I also felt that the wood elements were now to heavy for my layout and photos so I had a rummage around in my stash and found something smaller which I could use. I backed them in the same red paper of the photo mats so that they would pop.

I love the vibrancy of this layout and it totally depicts how I see London.

Here are some close ups.


Lots of fussy cutting on this layout and I am glad that I did it. The chippie piece was painted with distress paints and I added a little red puffy heart to the center.


More fussy cutting and layering and I added another heart and enamel dot. I also added the journaling block here.


I didn't have another world map so I used the compass and layered it up with the tickets the world map and a little puffy heart. Underneath the clusters is some texture paste that I mixed with black perfect pearl to get a dark grey. It doesn't shimmer as much as I thought it would but it looks cool.


More fussy cutting and here you can see some of the texture paste as well as the little camera.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!




Hugs
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Congrats Miss Val :) Awesome lo's Love those boots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fantastic to see your beautiful layouts again Val. These papers & embellies are beautiful & perfect for your photos. A truly inspiring project. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats, well done, looking forwards to your creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Val on the DT at FabScraps...looking forward to seeing all that you will create! Loving your funky and sexy page and also your beautiful card! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the DT spot with Fabscraps Val .. sooo very pleased for you and looking forward to lots of inspo!! Love, love, love the pic of you in those kinky boots .. very sexy!! The show sounds wonderful and I would love to see it although I don't think I will ever get the chance but, you never know.
    Love the work you did on all of these. The Kinky Boots page is awesome .. so vibrant with lots of wonderful embellies. Looooveee the baby card .. really different and soooo gorgeous!! Brilliant design!! Your double page is also stunning! Love your take on Taryn's page. Similar but totally your own .. absolutely awesome!!! big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Val on your new DT gig, enjoy creating with those wonderful products! And your layouts are amazing, Fabulous take for Stuck!? and great double layout.. love the travel photos you have used.. and what a splendid baby card too.. Have a great week.. and what a good idea to share that you have done a new blog post on facebook.. so glad I came by!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my GOSH! Such a fantastic, fun post. Firstly HUGE congrats on your DT.... that will keep you scrapping;)!!! And 2ndly ADORE your red heart on your Kinky Boots page.... & the story, of course. The little 'studs' on the heart are clever indeedy! AND your baby cards. I really, REALLY like that corrugated look. It's completely different from 'cutesy' cards.... wish I'd thought of this for my grandboys! AND your travel lo. Ummmm...fussy cutting. erk. Except well worth it. Those houses are STUNNING....they really do set the scene for the whole double. Strangely, I was taken by the set of piled up suitcases too. Nice touch!!! You have been so busy!! Go you:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! And I must be lucky with the Grand Boys. They're all really good & fairly easy going..... that or I'm one tough Ma who they don't dare cross and ALWAYS behave for...or else!!! LOL.....nah, that's not me;)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Firstly, big congratulations Val, it will be good to see you back on a DT, can't wait to see more of your creations. These are all fabulous, love all the gorgeous details in the travel pages, and the Kinky Boots one is so cool - I thought you were actually wearing those boots when I first looked!! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drum roll please!!! She's back!!! How exciting to see you on a DT again Val. Congrats, I look forward to lots of inspiration from your work. Congrats on your Guest Spot with Stuck?! Sketches! too. Love the boots page and the play sounds wonderful. All that fussy cutting is enough to make a gal's eyes water, but those houses sure pack a punch and set the scene for your travel photos. Doesn't seem long since I was walking those same streets, but it's 10 months ago already. Like Lizzy, my eye was drawn to the stacked suitcases; I always have the basics packed in my carry on ready for a quick getaway. Love, love the title, perfect for you, the storyteller.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all...your pages are all stunning. Secondly....congratulations on the DT, I am so happy for you. You are so talented and have so much to teach others ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Huge congrats on your new Design Team position for 2017. They are very fortunate having your talent on the team.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic projects Valerie! Love all the photos and mix of products!

    ReplyDelete